Lead Full Stack WordPress DeveloperApply Now
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 💡 Entry to Mid-Level 💡
- 🏝 Company Retreats 🏝
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate on Sketch files. Since launching in July 2017, over 5,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Shopify, Cisco, Intuit, Spotify, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco but many of our teams and roles are remote-first (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a dynamic Web Developer to continue building out our WordPress site! Candidates with front-end and back-end experience is a plus.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the product manager and web team to articulate the best technological solution for the problem at hand.
- Own daily management of objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, and risks for your web squad.
Help implement effective development processes and policies that help set up the team to scale effectively and earn the love of our customers.
- Architect, develop, and maintain creative technical solutions, products, and features for Abstract’s WordPress website that address complex business objectives.
- Analyze user story acceptance criteria to ensure the technical feasibility and point out potential issues
- Make sure we can deliver on time, on budget, and on scope— and flag any concerns early on to allow adjustments plans to MVP as needed
- Architect and develop new backend features and plugins, custom functionality and theme integration
- Write high quality code with readability, efficiency and maintainability in mind— while considering site speed and performance implications
- Experience developing and maintain complex WordPress-based solutions, themes, and plugins
- QA and code review of front-end and back-end development work
- Explore and incorporate new and emerging development trends.
- Actively participate in our scrum and development meetings
- Work with the team to diagnose and resolve backend bugs and support requests
- Performance and security monitoring, along with vulnerability analysis
What You’ll Bring
- 3-6 years experience working as a WordPress developer on production sites
- Experience working on complex WordPress sites, and experience with WordPress Multi-site a bonus.
- Ability to setup, configure, manage, and perform all phases of web development, testing, and routine deployments.
- Strong agile development (Scrum, Kanban) experience, including tools like JIRA.
- Experience working with Marketing Automation tools, specifically Marketo, a huge plus
- A methodical approach to all tasks including independent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to showcase previous projects you’ve worked on and specific functionality you’ve built
- Comfortable working with debugging tools
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care and health care FSA as well as commuter benefits for SF office employees.
To help employees plan for the future, we’re able to offer competitive pay and a 401k.
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment for most roles. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
Though we’re a distributed team, we’re currently only able to hire US-based candidates.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check.