Sales Development Manager
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 🏝 Company Retreats 🏝
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate on Sketch files. Since launching in July 2017, over 5,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Shopify, Cisco, Intuit, Spotify, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity _includes _age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco but many of our teams and roles are remote-first (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
In this role you will work directly with the Chief Revenue Officer to manage and grow the SDR team and processes. This role is key to driving success for the company as you will be responsible for the expansion of the sales pipeline. This role will start as a player-coach, where you can grow your people management skills while also contributing hands-on. Currently, 95% of pipeline is driven through an inbound model; this role will be responsible for continuing to manage that inbound funnel in addition to experimenting with and managing an outbound process.
- Manage and scale the SDR team based on company and team performance objectives
- Manage and refine the sales methodology to provide the highest value to our prospects and customers while meeting pipeline creation goals
- Work closely with Marketing and Account Executives to ensure alignment on quality of leads, methodical qualification process and smooth hand-offs
- Develop and deliver SDR training programs to ramp new hires, increase individual and team efficiency, and develop new skills in team members
- Implement best practices and provide continual coaching to team members
- Track, measure, and report on all activities to ensure individual, team and company goals are met
- Help evaluate new technologies and programs to drive superior performance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience managing and coaching a high volume sales development team
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Analytical mindset comfortable generating reports and identifying trends in data
- Adept at adopting and rolling out new sales enablement technologies
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com a must
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial well-being. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care and health care FSA as well as commuter benefits for SF office employees.
To help employees plan for the future, we’re able to offer competitive pay and a 401k. New teammates receive a MacBook Pro.
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment for most roles. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Elastic Projects will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check.