Sumo Customer Support Rep
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- 🔑 Report to CEO 🔑
- 💥 Work for a DCer 💥
- 🏝 Company Retreat 🏝
- 💡 Entry to Mid-Level 💡
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🗺 Anywhere in Asia or Europe🗺
- 💲 Competitive Salary and Perks 💲
Who we are and what we do
Sumo is the #1 lead capture tool for entrepreneurs. We serve over 1 million people daily, across 800,000 websites, all around the world. We made this market and seek to continually dominate it.
We’re looking to grow the company and need you, a customer support hero, to help us get there.
About the Role
You’ll be one of the heroes of the Sumo team. You’ll be on the frontlines, loving customers every day, and making sure that they leave every interaction saying, “Wow…Sumo is dope!”. You’ll interact closely with every department in Sumo (engineering, marketing, sales) and be relied upon to provide crucial customer insights. The Support team is often referred to as the Nucleus of Sumo, and you’ll be strengthening that core.
This company is not your traditional 9-5. We believe in full flexibility, working on awesome projects, and having fun at work. Once ramped up, you’ll have full autonomy to make gut-decisions to make customers happy. This isn’t to say we don’t encourage you to ask for help, but you should feel confident in your abilities to make split-decisions and champion for a customer for one-off cases.
With alumni from MIT, Facebook, Microsoft, Google, and successful entrepreneurs, you’ll be surrounded by the smartest in the game. You’re comfortable not being the smartest in the room. In fact, this excites you because of the learning and growth opportunities.
Who you are
- You’re familiar with Sumo and have installed and used Sumo on a website before.
- You believe that excellent customer support is the foundation of any successful company.
- You’re crazy organized and detail oriented. Inbox zero? Inbox negative one.
- You enjoy solving problems.
- You come to the table with customer support experience and can jump in quickly.
- You should make sure the last word on your resume says taco.
- You’re a self-starter and overachiever. If you spot an inefficiency or bottle-neck, you package it up and bring it to the table with a solution ready.
- You understand processes are there to make things foolproof and aren’t boring or redundant.
- Zendesk runs through your DNA.
- You have nerves of steel to take on criticism but you have a heart that melts ice caps and can warm up the coldest of customers.
- You understand that support isn’t about canned responses, it is about being the foundation which your team stands on in order to accomplish great things.
- You’re feeling confident to speak to your work should a CEO call on you during a weekly team meeting.
- You’re fun 🙂
What’s in it for you
- You will be an individual contributor helping shape the future of Sumo!
- Full dental, vision, and health benefits. We want you healthy!
- Flexible work hours. Need to run an errand, hit the gym, or travel? We encourage it.
- Speaking of travel – we don’t track vacation days. Take as many as you need. Seriously.
- Two company retreats per year. Whether that’s dog-sledding in Banff or sipping tequila on a boat in Mexico, we reward and celebrate our hard work.
- Awesome office with unlimited drinks, snacks, catered lunch, and even a fully stocked bar.
After you’ve submitted your application info on this page, please complete this Sumo Support Challenge.
If you pass that round, then we’ll reach out to you to move to next steps.
Best of luck! We’re cheering for you. 🙂