- 💡 Entry-Level 💡
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Our mission: AVRA Talent Partners is focused on disrupting the traditional recruitment industry through the decentralization of expertise. At AVRA we believe that good help shouldn’t be hard to find and that meaningful work shouldn’t be hard to come by. We believe that there is an ideal job for every person and an ideal person for every job. We are working to make this vision a reality by helping mission-driven companies, find the best people, for the right roles. (avratalent.com)
Why this role exists: The Interviewer is a vital part of AVRA’s recruiting process, you will screen inbound candidates as well as source passive candidates, to ensure we find the best candidate for each open role. You are the gatekeeper of quality, and a storyteller that gets each candidate you speak to excited about the potential opportunity.
What’s in it for me?
Contribute to the growth of an early stage company (AVRA) and get to work with a kick-ass team, while enjoying helping various startups all over the US recruit for a variety of roles. Enjoy lots of freedom, flexibility, and ownership in a remote work environment. Work closely with and learn from a seasoned team in an exciting field, with lots of growth potential.
- Lifelong Learner
- 3+ years recruiting experience, ideally for high-growth startups
- Experience in, or strong-understanding, of startup environments
- Sourcing passive talent
- You will actively find passive candidates on bespoke job boards like AngelList, etc.
- You will engage with passive candidates, provided by the Headhunter Team, and narrow down lists provided to interested, potential fits, then reach out directly through Linkedin, or email interactions
- You will confidently speak to our client’s vision, how the open role ties into that vision, and the importance of the role within the larger organization
- You will develop and documents new ways of researching, sorting, and engaging talentand share that knowledge with the team
- Processing inbound applicants: Using an ATS the Interviewer passes candidates onto the phone screen phase or rejects them, implementing a careful eye for detail on a candidate’s written communication, spelling, and grammar is essential, as well as a curiosity about them holistically as you review resumes, Linkedin and other links provided.
- Conducting phone screens: In this stage, the Interviewer puts their journalistic hat on, they at once create rapport with the candidate being screened while probing to get to the heart of their answers: judging for cultural fit, skillset match and keeping a keen ear open for red flags.
- Reference checks (advanced): For mid-level, to senior candidates the Interviewer will also follow the Reference Check Protocol, both given and back-channel, to get a better understanding of the candidate’s experiences, strengths, weaknesses, what will help them succeed and looking for red flags.
- Attention to detail, both written and verbal
- Warm conversationalist
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Ability to probe delicately and read between the lines when assessing potential candidates
- Ability to evaluate and communicate the strengths and weaknesses of candidates effectively and concisely through writing and verbally
- Quick learner: can pick up new technical tools, ATS’ and platforms easily
- Highly reliable, results-driven, self-starter
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to improvise
- Genuinely loves interacting with people
- High EQ, especially in regards to outbound prospecting (tone, voice, authenticity is so important)
- Compassionate and kind, but firm when the situation calls for it
- Not afraid to speak up and challenge the status quo, but will back it up with data or facts
- Positive attitude/optimistic
- Good character
*We are currently not hiring contractors in CA, or NY*