Business Unit General Manager
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Benefitfocus is hiring a General Manager, P&C. The Benefitfocus General Manager is a senior business leader responsible for driving the strategy and execution of P&C focus across all functional areas of the organization to ensure growth and profitability for this customer segment.
Responsibility, Accountability and Areas of Focus
- Develop and execute a strategic plan updated annually with measurable quarterly objectives on a rolling basis.
- Ensure alignment of key business unit objectives, goals and priorities cross- functionally.
- Identify and drive operational efficiency.
- Eliminate roadblocks and drive resolution across the organization.
- Consult with sales team and approve deals over $250K as part of deal win from financial, customer and stakeholder perspectives.
- Hold monthly business unit reviews with cross-functional team to ensure awareness and commitment to objectives, to recognize accomplishments, and drive actions required to close gaps.
- Serve as executive sponsor for strategic accounts to drive customer satisfaction, growth, and to serve as customer advocate within Benefitfocus.
- Represent the business unit in corporate planning and strategy development.
- Communicate results including monthly/quarterly business reviews.
Work cross-functionally to drive business unit growth while leading and developing teams to execute on the strategic plan. Align, partner and collaborate with:
- Designated functional managers on the cross-functional team will dual report to functional leader and General Manager.
- Sales and finance on sales bookings and revenue forecast to present at corporate MBR.
- Marketing for development and execution of marketing plan to meet growth objectives.
- Product management to drive growth and profitability.
- Functional leads and finance to execute on operational efficiencies to meet targeted margin improvements.
- Managers and associates to develop/execute on customer success plan.
- All teams to develop/execute associate engagement plan.
- Recruiting and HR to hire, retain and develop high performing/high potential talent.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Proven ability to successfully work and lead in a highly cross-functional matrix environment.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Proven ability to operate and drive for results.
- Strong communicator, including written and presentation communication skills; strong executive presence and comfort level working with senior leadership.
- Entrepreneurial to grow and account for all aspects of business.
- Outcome focused.
- Financial acumen, including extensive experience with budgeting, forecasting and internal financial reporting.
Key Performance Indicators
- Revenue Growth.
- Gross Margin.
- Net Bookings.
- Net Promoter Score.
- Employee Net Promoter Score.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.