Social Media Coordinator
- 💡 Entry to Mid-Level 💡
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
Our social media team connects with 26 million readers… and we’re looking for a Social Media Coordinator who can help our company soar to new heights of engagement, reach, and meaningful connections with our fans. If you’re a social media marketer who builds alliances, loves to beat the algorithm with viral posts, a can-do, problem-solving attitude, and an entrepreneurial mindset, we’d love to start a conversation with you!
- Love social media. Don’t just be the team’s social media expert (which obviously you must be)…be the social media evangelist, too.
- Bring Brainjolt to life on all relevant, non-Facebook social media platforms.
- Source, package, spread viral content across the internet.
- Measure everything you do with data.
- Grow our audiences broadly + widely across the interwebs.
- Create engaging reports to track progress and present data.
- Share what you’re seeing with data, compelling reports, and clever hacks so the whole Brainjolt team can learn from what you’re doing and grow accordingly.
- Understand best practices and evangelize them. But never turn up your nose at clever tricks as you strategize new ways to grow social media followings and increase engagement.
- Stay absolutely up-to-date on Facebook (and other) algorithm updates and emerging trends in order to optimize for subject matter, frequency, and timing of posts.
- Understand our competitors and how they’re using social media. Imitate as necessary. Innovate beyond them. And drive new initiatives forward
- 3-5+ years in a social media position
- Expertise in relevant social media platforms and their algorithms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest)
- Experience with large scale social media accounts (minimum 10 million followers total) and strategic growth of at least 25%
- Experience at a digital agency, publisher, eCommerce/SaaS company preferred
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Strong, data-centric analytical skills
- Can apply lateral thinking to generate new solutions
- Clear and clever written and verbal communication skills
- A love of working in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter, avid problem solver, energetic go-getter
- Subject-Matter Expertise: you live, breathe, work, type, research and win at Social Media. All day, every day. You consistently stay abreast of best of breed technologies, workflows, and best practices in the industry.
- Data Driven: you understand that at the end of the day, data always wins.
- You Love to Test: you know that testing is the foundation of successful growth. You know not only HOW to test, but also WHAT to test.
- Entrepreneurial: you have a profit-generating mindset; you’re excited by developing and scaling new and varied revenue streams. You connect the dots when approaching new revenue streams, and have creative ways of monetizing social amidst an ever-changing industry.
- Growth Mindset: From learning new skills to pioneering new strategies, you’re always looking to grow. The internet changes fast, we’re looking for someone with the drive and aptitude to change faster.
This is a remote role.
Brainjolt is a fun, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment that empowers its employees to work independently and drive results that greatly impact the business. Since early on, one of our go-to values has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience, but for our team, too. In addition to basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support your continued success and happiness:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Care Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work hours (we’re not a solidly 9-5 company)
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, & Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal & business-related book budget
- And more…