Startup Community Evangelist – Growth MarketingApply Now
- 💡 Entry-Level 💡
- 🗺 Anywhere in San Francisco, New York, or Seattle 🗺
A few things that make us unique as a company
- We’re a distributed team with contributors from San Francisco, Seattle, London, Warsaw, and elsewhere. Never has meeting your coworkers been this much fun!
- Our core technology was developed by a team of 3 Stanford engineers, with help from one of the world’s leading predictive analytics experts
- We believe a healthy employee is a productive one, and that means taking time away from the computer to cultivate other interests, which for us range from rock climbing to organic farming to game design.
- Founded by an experienced entrepreneur who has worked at 7 startups in 3 countries, including one $200M+ exit
- We reward great work with “thank you” gifts that have included a Kindle, speakers, a trip to Paris, an espresso machine, and sailing trips
- A supportive company culture focused on helping each other become better at what we do, both informally (celebrating successes, pooling expertise, sharing good reads, etc) and formally (6-week paid training period, mentoring & feedback from experienced marketers, budget for continuing education)
Are you active in the startup community and love to talk digital marketing strategies?
Then we have the perfect gig for you!
Our company is a unique “software + services” digital marketing agency that’s a perfect fit for early phase startups: all the expertise of a Full Service SEO/ Content Marketing agency, but at a fraction of the cost.
We’ve achieved an impressive ROI for a variety of startups in SF and elsewhere, but since we’re a 100% distributed team, prospective clients don’t have an office they can visit to develop the in-person relationships upon which so many successful collaborations are built.
That’s where you come in!
We’re looking for a gregarious and marketing-savvy professional with excellent communication skills to represent our agency at local startup community events, conferences, and meetups.
Yep, you’re basically getting paid to attend events you were probably interested in going to anyway, talk to people, and learn a ton about marketing. In doing so, your objective is to generate new leads interested in our digital marketing services.
This a part-time, flex schedule position: you should expect to spend about 10-15 hrs/ week on average. You should be based in the San Francisco Bay Area or other startup hub, though occasional travel to conferences in other locations is a possibility. Compensation will include a modest hourly rate with significant performance component based upon the volume of new business you generate.
Your performance will be measured by…
- # of new client leads referred
- value of new business generated
- awareness of our company amongst the startup community
- Excellent networker: you could spend 15 minutes riding BART and end up with a stack of business cards
- Digital marketing savvy: you don’t have to be Sean Ellis or Rand Fishkin, but you definitely should know the terminology and fundamental components of a modern inbound marketing strategy well enough to be able to describe our offerings and discuss which strategies might work for every client’s unique situation
- Consultative sales: every startup needs more growth; that part is like selling ice in the desert. But only someone who takes the time to listen and understand the unique challenges every startup faces will gain the trust needed to be considered a potential business partner
- No Agencies/ Consultants please! See, the whole idea is that you’re promoting our agency, and that wouldn’t work so well if you have your own.
Optional, but nice to have
- Previous experience as a marketer at a startup, agency, or consultant
- Strong professional network
- Experience speaking at conferences or events