Technical SEO Team LeadApply Now
- 💡 Entry to Mid-Level 💡
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
A few things that make us unique as a company
- We’re a distributed team with contributors from San Francisco, Seattle, London, Warsaw, and elsewhere. Never has meeting your coworkers been this much fun!
- Our core technology was developed by a team of 3 Stanford engineers, with help from one of the world’s leading predictive analytics experts
- We believe a healthy employee is a productive one, and that means taking time away from the computer to cultivate other interests, which for us range from rock climbing to organic farming to game design.
- Founded by an experienced entrepreneur who has worked at 7 startups in 3 countries, including one $200M+ exit
- We reward great work with “thank you” gifts that have included a Kindle, speakers, a trip to Paris, an espresso machine, and sailing trips
- A supportive company culture focused on helping each other become better at what we do, both informally (celebrating successes, pooling expertise, sharing good reads, etc) and formally (6-week paid training period, mentoring & feedback from experienced marketers, budget for continuing education)
Do you like to imagine ideal information architectures in the shower? Love helping friends debug their indexation issues? Once spent a week shaving another 32 ms off of a client’s page load speed? Know your way around the WordPress Admin screen better than your own living room?
We’re looking for an experienced Technical SEO specialist to step in to lead our team of 3 (and growing) Technical SEO consultants.
In addition to helping clients with tricky technical SEO issues, you’ll help your team members advance both their technical skills and their career. This might entail leading trainings, holding team meetings, and refining our Technical SEO processes.
What does a Technical SEO Specialist do? They are key players on our team of growth marketing consultants, serving as our go-to experts on tricky technical SEO questions that come up in our work with our largely startup, ecommerce, and small business clientele. Here’s what a typical week might look like:
Monday: conduct a thorough technical audit for a new startup client using your favorite crawler and other tools
Tuesday: recommend and implement a solution for a client with 4,000 tag archive pages on their WordPress blog
Wednesday: hold a training for our consultant team explaining how to prioritize site speed recommendations according to the balance between impact and implementation difficulty
Thursday: setup a reverse proxy to rewrite URLs so a client can host their blog on a subdomain but make it look to users and search engines like it’s hosted on a subdirectory
Friday: take off for the mountains, this is a flex-time job after all!
This is a flex-time (ideally 30-40 hrs/ week) remote position, with performance incentives and benefits.
To apply, please include relevant work experience and an example or two of tricky technical SEO issues you have helped people resolve in the past.
- 3-5 years relevant professional work experience
- Knowledge of HTML/ CSS, WordPress, web hosting, SSL, DNS, .htacess, and a bunch of other acronyms we’re not even going to list
- Excellent knowledge of Technical SEO: that’s basically the whole idea, see?
- Some development experience preferred: you’ve probably dabbled in coding enough to know how to Google for answers on StackOverflow
- Startup compatibility: you’re comfortable with changing roles, blistering speed, and figuring it out as you go along
- Passion for helping small businesses succeed
- Self-disciplined: you prefer to structure your own tasks, all the better to try out that new hyper-productivity system you read about last weekend
- “Virtual Charisma” or whatever the word is for someone who can effectively lead, inspire, and motivate team members via low fidelity remote work channels such as Slack, Trello, and Hangouts
- Prior team leadership or management experience is not required, but if you bring the technical chops we will turn you into a first-rate manager!