VP of Growth Marketing
- 💡 Mid-Level 💡
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
Caribu is the (coolest) and fastest-growing startup in Miami. We are a lean and awesome team that is fun to work with and you’ll be building the company with us as we start to scale. We preference talent over location so are completely fine with remote workers.
We are looking for a passionate VP of Growth Marketing to join our executive team. You will report directly to the CEO and lead all marketing efforts that affect the entire customer funnel. Your duties will include managing all marketing operations, assessing and improving existing initiatives, and devising new strategies to increase revenue. We have a new focus on Glammas (glamorous grandmas) so we need someone who will relentlessly test what works on this group until we find what works. You should have a testing mindset, be data-driven and be ready to test non-digital strategies. You should have strong expertise in digital marketing channels that are best for Glammas (FB, Yahoo groups, Google Ads, YouTube) and should have some experience in traditional marketing (print, bus ads, direct mail, TV) to test those channels as well.
You will have excellent leadership and communication skills to successfully provide guidance to the team, and you will have a vast knowledge of current marketing trends and tools. For meaningful growth, startups must completely change the rules of traditional channels or innovate outside of those growth channels so we will need you will dig deep creatively, and relentlessly test new ideas. You will be a Jackie Of All Trades and will have no fear of failure. You will be well versed in the Jobs To Be Done philosophy. Your goals will be based on building a loyal and engaged user base and Cost Per Subscriber.
- Develop data-driven, multi-channel marketing strategies to acquire and retain customers.
- Grow the scale and engagement of Caribu’s audience on all platforms, and create and measure OKRs against quarterly and yearly goals.
- Work across departments to ensure consistent brand voice across all initiatives.
- Help launch and scale new business lines and products through successful Go To Market plans and customer lifecycle development (e.g. acquisition, retention, and churn win-back)
- Strategically scale Caribu’s business by leveraging paid and non-paid channels to hit acquisition targets, while driving acquisition costs down.
- Build out and execute new and existing growth channels, regardless of platform to deliver maximum return against defined objectives and budgets.
- Manage the day to day workflow of growth marketing programs, building key relationships with cross-functional teams, agency partners and supporting teams.
- Define core metrics that drive spend with detailed inputs and outputs, to include margin contribution, retention and brand.
- Growing and developing the in-house marketing team.
- Building a network of reliable external agencies and marketing professionals.
- Provide thought leadership and perspective for the adoption of emerging tech and media channels and conducting market research and staying abreast of competitor positioning.
- A/B testing, value-additive blog posts, data-driven email marketing campaigns, SEO optimization, creative ad copy, and technical analysis of every aspect of a user’s experience.
- Budget management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- A Master’s degree in marketing or related field or an MBA may be highly desirable.
- Have a T-shaped marketing background.
- More than 8 years’ proven experience in a marketing manager or business development role.
- Excellent analytical and leadership skills.
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing techniques and platforms.
PLEASE NOTE: Equity compensation is 5-10% of the option pool.
Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Sales and Marketing, Marketing and Growth Strategy, Growth Marketing
$70k – $90k
5.0% – 10.0%
What We’re Building
Caribu is an interactive video-calling platform that helps parents and extended family to read and draw with children when they’re not together. The result is an engaging experience in a carefully designed, curated, and secure platform. An in-app library is where we have hundreds of books from leading children’s publishers, in seven languages, and coloring and activity sheets that you can draw on. Other features include interactive real-time drawing, a pointer to follow along, and a magnifying tool.
- Drawing on books with multiple colors in real-time
- Audio-only fallback when user is in low-bandwidth area
- Story guide pointer in real-time to follow along in the book
- Magnifying tool to zoom in on small text
Caribu was featured in epsiode #34 of The Pitch podcast and a Toyota Camry 2018 commercial.