Director Human Resources
Website Carrington College
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Opportunity at a Glance
The Director of Human Resources leads the human capital agenda for the institution. He/she will be a key contributor on both a strategic and operational level, serving as a trusted advisor and business partner to the institution. He/she will collaborate with the HR Shared Services group to execute on a wide range of organizational initiatives. The Director will lead major change initiatives, coordinating support from HR Shared Services. The Director is a seasoned people-manager who is committed to the development of high performing faculty and staff across the institution.
Ideally, this position will be based on the west coast but is open to candidates in all locations.
- HR Strategy
- Develops HR strategy to align with institutional goals and objectives.
- Executes talent review process to identify key talent for institutional succession plan.
- Interprets and applies HR policy and practices to ensure compliance and mitigate liability.
- Collaborates with institutional leadership to inform effective organizational design.
- Partners with institutional leadership to drive employee engagement.
- HR Operations
- Drives performance management process ensuring goal alignment and ongoing feedback occurs.
- Facilitates Professional Development programs for College staff and faculty.
- Manages escalated employee relations matters to mitigate organizational liability.
- Builds partnership with HR Shared Services to ensure the requirements of the institution are reflected in program and process designs.
- Partners with HR Shared Services to ensure smooth execution of processes at the institutional level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directly supervises the institutional HR team.
- Accountable for recruiting, selecting and developing HR talent.
- Provides oversight of projects and assignments; manages and appraises performance; effectively aligns rewards and recognition with performance outcomes.
- Additional Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Leadership Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others; able to build morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- Business Acumen Demonstrates knowledge of key business drivers impacting the organization in order to partner with leaders on create problem solving.
- HR Knowledge Remains current on relevant laws, legal rulings and regulations. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of general HR practices, strategy and technology. Demonstrates a working knowledge of critical human resource function.
- Analytical Thinking Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Change Management Partners with leadership team to develop communication and change strategy; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Conflict Resolution Takes actions that resolve conflicts in a manner that is best for both the organization and the individuals involved; addresses complaints and problems quickly and effectively; keeps all parties informed of the status; encourages employees to report problems or concerns and negotiates outcomes that are viewed as fair and even-handed.
- Decisiveness Displays ability to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Professional Development Commits to his/her professional development and development of others. Motivates and encourages development by identifying skill enhancements opportunities and neutralizing barriers to such development.
- Manages Competing Priorities Handles multiple assignments and priorities fulfilling all commitments; readily accepts new responsibilities and adapts well to changes in procedures; gives appropriate priorities to various work demands.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Education and/or Experience Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree and professional certification (PHR/SPHR) preferred.
- Ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency in: effective Human Resources practice in large, complex organizations; talent acquisition; payroll and benefits administration; compensation and strategic planning for total rewards; employee relations; labor law compliance; ongoing professional development; and systematic performance management.
- Knowledge of California labor law strongly preferred.
- Language Skills Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to read, analyze and interpret apply policies; ability to respond to common inquiries from employees; ability to create and deliver presentations to diverse audiences.
- Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Must possess the ability to learn and adapt to multiple, evolving technical platforms used for human resources management.
Who We Are
Carrington College is The Starting Point for Health Care Careers. When you join our team of qualified instructors, you’re choosing an institution that truly cares about its students. If you have a passion for health care and want to be part of an organization focused on providing high-quality education to help students reach their career goals, you’re in the right place!
At Carrington College we care about our colleagues too. We know our students’ success depends on having great faculty and instructors to help guide them on their journey, and we want top-notch talent to be part of our team. We want to help you find your way toward a bright future, both personally and professionally.
Carrington College provides post-secondary education in the western region of the United States. With more than 100,000 graduates, we’re committed to giving our students the tools they need to succeed. We offer high-quality, career-oriented health care programs with both online and on ground education options. Carrington College’s broad range of specialized Certificate of Achievement and Associate Degree programs combine clinical training, theoretical classroom exercises, technology-based simulations and real patient interaction to prepare students for success in the real world. Our programs are delivered in a focused, professional and progressive environment by supportive faculty who serve not only as educators, but as coaches and mentors. For decades, Carrington College has been a source of qualified graduates for the health care industry.
We believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer our colleagues a wide range of benefits. Whether it’s advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals for the future. If you’re ready to join an institution like ours, we’d love you to apply!