Frontend Software Development Engineer
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We are passionate about our work, while also respecting our work/life mix and ensuring we treat both with the respect they deserve. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals with strong attitudes and aptitudes will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technologies and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world’s best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practice. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and run with our code.
While Chef’s headquarters are located in Seattle, WA this position and the ideal candidate can be located anywhere in the United States.
The Frontend Engineering team responsible for designing and building the interfaces that enable our customers to do their jobs quickly and effortlessly. We’re a group of UX Designers and Frontend Software Engineers that care deeply about our customers and their needs. We work closely across all of the engineering teams to ensure our products are easy to use, accessible, and deliver world-class experiences.
Who You Are
- You’ll have frontend software development skills, with experience in at least one area of our stack that includes Angular, Redux, NGRX, and Stencil.
- You’ll have general software development skills, with experience in at least one general purpose language such as Ruby, Python, Go, C#, C++ or Java and web frameworks such as Rails, Django, Phoenix, or similar.
- You can demonstrate deep knowledge in at least one language or technology stack.
- You are comfortable using the command line, git, and working in an open source fashion.
- You’re familiar with XP practices (Pairing, Test Driven Development).
- You care deeply about accessibility and are committed to delivering experiences that work for everybody.
- You’ll like to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products.
- You’ll enjoy collaborating closely with Chef customers and internal engineering teams to understand their complex issues, solve their problems and elicit frequent feedback on the solutions you provide.
- You believe quality is part of the process and not an afterthought – we are well rounded engineers, not developers who handoff to QA.
Work isn’t just about work though. We offer competitive salaries, equity, fantastic benefits, and flexible hours. You’ll also get to work with some of the most down to earth, driven, intelligent and well read engineers in the industry!
If this sounds like a team you’d enjoy working with and technology you want to spend time on, for a product you can get behind, get in touch!
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.