Customer Success Operations Lead
Website Chef Software
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world’s best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud — rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and ran with our code.
The Chef Customer Success Team operates globally, and includes Customer Success Management, Technical Success, Professional Services, and Support. These teams work together closely to execute on programs and playbooks that enable our customers to become successful and grow.
We are seeking a Customer Success Operations Lead to lead data reporting, analysis, processes and systems in our Customer Success organization. This is a cross functional role with a high level of influence in setting strategy and direction for our fast-growing Customer Success teams. With over 1,000 customers we are setting standard methodologies in how to deliver optimal customer experience at scale and the Customer Success Operations Lead is a critical person in our continued success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive and communicate data centered customer insights into how customers are using our products and achieving value.
- Use data to inform all layers of our operating processes and strategic direction—from the timing of customer touchpoints to drive effective adoption to how we scale the CS function to achieve the best customer results over the next 3-5 years.
- Detect early signals of at-risk renewals, design playbooks for CSMs to address them, and provide path to blocking issues.
- Continuously refine our core CS strategy around customer segmentation, engagement models, one:many programs and root causes for customer success and churn.
- Develop and refine renewals, retention and expansion forecasting for all partners throughout the business, including: CSMs, CS Leadership, VP CS and Execs.
- Own all Customer Success infrastructure; bring together systems in a customer focused way to enable CSMs, Services and our Customers.
- Coordinate cross-functional processes that help meet renewal and upsell targets and deliver on customers’ needs, including processes for CSMs to: relay customer feedback to the Product team; align with the Support team on resolution of major cases and report bugs to the Engineering team; provide feedback to Sales on the readiness of our customers; help the Onboarding team overcome any delays in implementation.
- Prepare reporting and analytics for the Customer Success Team, Finance, VP Customer Success, Exec Team and BOD.
- Passion for designing processes that scale.
- Knowledge of customer journey mapping and experience either utilizing or developing customer health metrics.
- Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions.
- Enjoys “getting their hands dirty” by digging into complex operations.
- Takes high degree of ownership over their work.
- Clear communicator with professional presence.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Experience with data analysis, excel power user, comfort with BI tools.
- Thrives in fast paced environments, where initiatives are fluid and require constant prioritization.
- Strong mentorship skills and experience leading through direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- 8+ years of professional experience in a SaaS/recurring revenue business, 5 years within Operations or Customer Success preferred.
- High degree of confidence working and building in Salesforce.com a plus.
- High degree of confidence working in and building Gainsight a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.