Program Manager – Global Public Sector
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Why you’ll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees’ groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real-world impact. You’ll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
The newly formed Global Sales Segments and Industries (GSSI) team is chartered with transforming Cisco’s GTM blueprint across a wide range of target markets. We work closely with Cisco’s Sales Leadership Team (SLT) to identify the most critical GTM opportunities for the business, and design streamlined processes to keep our projects aligned and moving quickly. We are strategic leaders who are passionate about market strategy, scale, and innovation.
The Program Manager for Global Public-Sector Segment role is a highly visible, strategic position, working with regional and theater sales leadership, marketing, partner, sales enablement, specialists and sales operations teams. As a highly collaborative leader, you will orchestrate the activities of cross-functional Cisco and sales resources in creating and executing sales plays, maximizing the value realized from Cisco GTM plays, identifying upsell and cross-sell opportunities, and ultimately achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and retention.
You will be responsible for planning and co-ordination of development and execution of the sales plays by leading a cross-functional team.
In this role
- You will develop program charter/scope, timeline and work plan for assigned program(s).
- You will Lead management of risk and issue tracking, with appropriate mitigation and / or escalation to Leadership.
- You are able to identify critical partners and required engagement model, ensure interlock with change & communications team members.
- You ensure successful, consistent execution of program(s) / technical asset activities and maintain integrated view.
- You Program Manage sales play content creation, create a sales play project plan, coordinate content creation and ensure content threaded to sales play business & technology objectives.
- You interlock with partner team on RTM objectives & incentives.
- You lead sales play launch, including: Training, communication, Sales adoption and coordinate sales plays business reviews, lessons and continuous improvement.
- You are responsible for metrics analysis and reporting.
Critical skills for this role
- You have Project/Program Management experience in large or strategic customer facing projects/multiple projects OR experience in managing complex internal projects/programs within Cisco.
- You have a deep understanding of the Cisco sales process and solution portfolio: products, software and services.
- You are results oriented and have a shown ability to drive execution focused results with relevant technologies and customer outcomes.
- You possess excellent executive level communication and presentation skills, able to read the room’ to understand when an audience is not aligned with the strategy, business outcome or solution being discussed.
- You have the ability to persuade, influence and collaborate with key individuals. Assess where gaps exist for key decisions and drive an aligned outcome to achieve results. Accustomed to collaborating effectively with all levels of an organization and developing followership.
- You understand the segment and region strengths/challenges and can successfully develop and implement relevant customer success strategies leveraging resources across Cisco, partners and customers.
- You are a First Responder: Skilled at issue management and stakeholder expectations.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- PMP Certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering; master’s degree preferred.
- At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
- Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything people, process, data and things and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
- We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us. #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.