UX Content Strategist
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 🏝 Company Retreat 🏝
- 🗺 Anywhere in North America 🗺
We are seeking a UX designer with an expertise in content strategy. In this role, the UX & Content Strategist brings deeper knowledge of content strategy principles and practices, communicates a clear and consistent tone across software touch points (forms, emails, notifications), uses the appropriate language to meet the needs of different end users, and can collaborate effectively with project managers and other UX designers to deliver a great product. We are also looking for someone who is passionate about developing digital services for large federal and state government agencies, and the people they serve.
Sound good so far? Great, keep reading!
What we are about
CivicActions is a mission-minded company focused on transforming government through modern software practices. We are looking for others like us with a true passion for using technology to make a positive change in our world. We work in cross-functional, agile teams, communicate openly, honestly and enjoy keeping a balanced, autonomous lifestyle.
Our team is entirely distributed (remote) across the US and Canada. For this position, you can normally work from home or find a great co-working space, although occasional on-site visits and working sessions with clients will be necessary. You will need a computer, webcam, strong internet connection and the ability to keep a Monday to Friday schedule because we are a truly collaborative team. Ideally your timezone will be within the continental United States.
U.S. citizenship is required for this position.
What you’ll do
- Define the content strategy for clients and write clear and concise content across multiple touch points (including form questions, form labels, and navigational elements, emails, and tutorials).
- Apply a service design mindset to challenges with a relentless focus on user needs.
- Work collaboratively with clients and team members in a remote work environment with potential for some on-site travel.
- Identify user content needs, develop strategy, and execute on content needs through stakeholder interviews, user research, content audits, gap analysis and other industry methods
- Facilitate discovery workshops with government agencies to help them prioritize and create focus for what user problems to tackle first.
- Sketch, prototype and work with the client and internal team on design/product direction.
What we expect you to bring
- Excellent writing and editing skills; copywriting experience
- Experience planning, writing, and implementing user experience copy for digital products and services.
- Experience being apart of agile, human centered software teams that have iterated on product.
- Experience writing content style guides, product documentation/help, and participating in user research.
- Experience advocating for content design with stakeholders and project team members.
- Experience leading content efforts for cross-functional agile and human-centered design teams building complex digital projects.
- Experience working closely with visual designers, researchers and engineering teams to ensure that customer goals are met and design specifications are delivered upon
CivicActions believes that people who are well taken care of can be more balanced, healthy and happy. We offer 100% company-paid medical insurance, disability insurance, and life insurance. We have a generous 401(k) program. We have an open vacation policy — employees are encouraged to take time off as needed to feel balanced, productive and healthy. We have paid maternity and paternity leave. We have an annual retreat to connect with each other in-person. We also emphasize professional development and offer an annual stipend for courses, books and conferences.
Community participation is important to us and we ask that you spend 5% of your working time giving back to a community that you care about. We attempt to keep our work products ‘open by default’. This means that it is our intention that your work contributions during your time at CivicActions will be published under public license, enabling you to bring your passion fully into your activities without the fear that your expressions will be locked away or prevented from having a positive impact in the world.
CivicActions is a dedicated, fun-loving team, looking for some talented folks to help us bring revolutionary digital services to government agencies and the people they serve.
We find strength and inspiration in the things that make each of us unique. In striving for a more diverse team, we strongly encourage women, people of color, and physically-challenged people to apply.