VP of Operations
- 💡 Mid-Level 💡
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 🏝 Company Retreat 🏝
- 🔑 Report to Founder 🔑
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
Collage.com’s mission is to make custom products easy for everyone, by creating fantastic software and providing excellent customer service. Collage.com is a 100% employee-owned, profitable, bootstrapped company with about 50 employees that has rapidly grown from $4 to $38 million in annual revenue since 2013. We sell an expanding variety of photo and home products, including photo blankets, photo books, canvases, pillows, and more. Collage.com has appeared more than a dozen times on ABC’s “Good Morning America” and three times on “The View.” We’ve also appeared multiple times on the “TODAY Show,” along with mentions in BuzzFeed, Mashable, AARP: The Magazine, the Associated Press, and more. We are seeking ambitious, nice individuals to join us in our quest to bring great custom products to the world. Learn more about working at Collage.com.
We’re 100% remote
Collage.com is a 100% remote company, with employees working together in states across the country. Last year, our remote work culture was profiled in a case study by the Harvard Business School (we are the first all-remote company they profiled). The entire company meets together in person twice a year (all expenses paid) to get to know each other and work on strategy. Learn more in an op-ed our co-founder Kevin Borders wrote for MLive.com.
We are looking for a VP of Operations to join our leadership team. This role will report into our Co-founder and have responsibility for overseeing our network of 3rd party print fulfillment companies throughout the US, customer service and finance/administration. Customer service and vendor relations are uniquely complex for custom products and this position will be responsible for anticipating and managing the associated challenges to ensure the meticulously smooth operation of a highly seasonal business and on-demand manufacturing network. Every personalized order we receive is created within the imagination of our customers and the VP of Operations will be responsible for ensuring that their designs are brought to life through a relentless commitment to quality and efficiency in customer service, fulfillment and overall business operations.
- Build, lead and grow our operations team. Initially, our print partnerships operations manager, head of customer service (who manages about 18 people on our CS team), and our HR/finance administrator will report to this role but we expect to grow the team to achieve our goals as we scale.
- Oversee and optimize relationships with our network of print fulfillment companies, currently ten with the expectation of expansion. Anticipate and mitigate risk while also getting our vendors excited to work with us and invested in a mutually beneficial relationship.
- Oversee our customer service team with a focus on the continuous improvement in quality of service and CS operations, especially to accommodate holiday order fluctuations by hiring a temporary customer service team in Q4. We consider customer service to be an integral part of the product, not just a cost center, and it needs to be led this way.
- Lead our HR/finance administrator and related operations including new employee on-boarding, payroll, HR documentation, benefits, insurance, state licensing, and planning bi-annual all company meetings.
- Lead cross-functionally as part of our leadership team including collaboration with our engineering team to add new products or suppliers and make associated engineering changes.
- 10+ years experience in operations and fulfillment preferably with a focus on e-commerce in a start-up environment and on-demand custom manufacturing.
- Experience leading customer service teams preferable.
- Proven track record of success in leading, mentoring and scaling teams.
- Expert negotiation skills with a focus on establishing contract terms with vendors.
- Experience with vendor business development and relationship management with a track record of building high performing and lasting relationships with 3rd party partners.
- Passion for building products that customers love and a firm belief that people are a company’s greatest asset from its employees, to its customers, to its vendors.
Benefits and Perks
- Collage.com pays 100% of the premium for full health, vision and dental insurance coverage for you and your family in a high-quality Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan.
- Flexible day-to-day schedule and generous vacation policy: work hard and take vacation when you need it.
- We’ll pay for any computer and home office equipment (within reason) that will help you work.
- We offer all full-time employees a Vanguard 401(k) retirement plan, with Collage.com matching employee contributions.
- Home Internet reimbursement.
- Paid travel to conferences and meetings.
- $3,000 / year in free Collage.com products, and employee discount for friends and family.