Assistant Director, Platform Technical and User Support
Website College Board
- 💡 Entry-Level 💡
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Assistant Director, Platform Technical and User Support for our Springboard and Pre-Advanced Placement program. This position is based in our NY headquarters, but qualified remote candidates will be considered.
SpringBoard/Pre-AP is a rigorous academic program supplying curriculum to schools and school districts and is comprised of both day-to-day teaching methods and course work for SpringBoard English Language Arts and Math adopters, as well as a Pre-AP framework for over 9 courses. Students work using both printed consumable textbooks and interactive digital platforms for additional materials, assignments, practice lessons, quizzes, and assessments.
Assistant Director, Platform Technical and User Support will work with the SpringBoard/Pre-AP product development, platform developers, operations, and field implementation team members to provide high-quality support to districts, schools, teachers, and students utilizing the above mentioned digital platforms. In this role, the individual will support SpringBoard/Pre-AP platform end users as the primary point of contact for triaging, troubleshooting, determining and analyzing root cause, and ensuring resolution of reported platform issues
What you’ll do
- Reply to inquiries received via phone and through Salesforce cases from end users (SpringBoard teachers and administrators) and internal colleagues.
- Resolve Tier 1 issues such as login problems, erroneous access termination, , and account anomalies that can be solved without escalation.
- Collaborate with internal SpringBoard teams such as operations, professional learning, implementation, and product management to troubleshoot tier 2 and 3 issues.
- Escalate tier 2 and 3 issues when necessary but maintain responsibility for ensuring resolution on the originator’s behalf.
- Test issues across different operating systems and browsers to see if the problem can be replicated.
- Manage all inquiries as Salesforce cases, SpringBoard’s ticketing system. Prioritize incoming cases, and track progress and all communication in the case.
- Use cases to synthesize and analyze trend data and customer feedback to help drive product enhancements.
- Ensure accuracy of district data and manage the seamless transmission of data between school information systems and SpringBoard Digital via a third-party tool. Configure internal systems to accept district data as part of a nightly sync.
- Train and onboard new and temporary staff if required.
- Aid the Product Management team in monitoring the SpringBoard Community Tech Support section and responding to customer concerns.
- Assist with Salesforce projects as needed. This may include updating data, creating new templates, managing opportunities and products, entering orders, and extracting data through reports and dashboards.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-4 years of technical product experience, with at least 2 years of experience with technical support.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in an education product setting such as curriculum, publishing, professional development, Ed tech (preferred but not required).
- Experience with Salesforce, specifically cases(preferred but not required).
More about you
- An excellent communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A problem solver, with excellent judgment and the ability to view issues from multiple perspectives.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and thorough in your analyses.
- Able to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously in a fluid work environment.
- Able to utilize your strong customer service skills and work as part of a team in a dynamic environment
- Experienced with data analysis
- Persuasive and able to target your presentation style, written or oral, to different audiences.
- A self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Highly adaptable to new information, situations, or challenges and can work independently.
- Creative and able to come up with fresh approaches to tough business and operational problems.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and Advanced Placement Program. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.