Website Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
Coordinates the services between DSIG and patients and/or referral sources. Includes educating the community and other healthcare resources regarding the services offered by DSIG, and assisting with the development of educational materials.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. One plus years of prior customer service experience required. Knowledge of Alpha 1 diagnosis required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops and ensures appropriate distribution of consumer/patient educational materials. (Welcome packets, brochures, etc.)
- Provides telephonic, electronic, and/or face-to-face PIDD/Alpha 1 consumer/patient educational services.
- Confers with patients and appropriate team members to establish expectations and accomplish goals.
- Participates as necessary in care conferences and meetings. (Staff conference calls, webinars, regional meetings, etc.)
- Coordinates ordering and delivery of all medicines and supplies provided by DSIG for as long as the patient is on service.
- Works to move pending patients to active status in a timely manner by providing frequent updates and ensuring that all items necessary to ship a cleared patient (auths, orders, etc.) are complete and available
- Provides timely and appropriate documentation in CPR+ as indicated.
- Keeps current regarding community health issues and regulations.
- Completes required reporting and accounting of time and expenses within the required timeframe.
- Represents DSIG with local/regional non-profit PIDD/Alpha 1 organizations as requested.
- Be available to travel for initial training and then once yearly for team meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of basic math while analyzing data and generating reports
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft products and have adequate internet access from home.
Information Security Expectations:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to abide by Diplomat’s information security policies, employee handbook and security and privacy regulatory requirements. Each employee is responsible for the secure and appropriate handling of Diplomat information, information received by customers, other companies and/or external parties.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management
- Oral and written communication skills
- Communication skills
- Customer Service
- Multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work well with various personalities and within a team
- Ability to self-organize, pre-qualify, and maximize field customer service activities and travel
- Flexible communication style
- High degree of motivation
- Excellent listening skills required
- Knowledge of/experience with the PIDD/Alpha 1 community
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand.