Content Marketer for a growing ecommerce companyApply Now
Website Spy Guy
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves to write, wants to get into content marketing and is looking for their first location independent job. You’ll be the first marketing hire, receive mentorship from the founder and have an opportunity to grow and work on a lot of different projects being one of the first 5 employees in the company.
Allen Walton has been working in the spy and surveillance industry since 2009.
In 2014, he made the leap to start his own business after reading a few books including The Four Hour Workweek. And, Spy Guy was born.
He created Spy Guy to bring transparency and great customer service to people who need products from an industry, where the big players can be shady, confusing and sometimes downright unethical.
To date, we’ve worked with over 60,000 customers from private investigators and department stores to Fortune 500 companies, local police departments and even the FBI.
Spy Guy has even been featured on Forbes, Tim Ferriss’ blog, CBNC, Fast Company, CBS and Entrepreneur.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking for our first marketing hire – a content marketer.
This role is ideal for someone entrepreneurial, who is either just getting started as a marketer or is looking to make a career transition perhaps from a 9-5 office job to a more flexible, remote role.
You’ll receive mentorship and report directly to Allen, the founder.
You’ll find there’s plenty of upside and growth opportunities from learning the content marketing ropes to understanding brand building, PR, online marketing and ecommerce.
That’s Allen, our founder, talking about the products we sell on Spy Guy.
What’s it like working with us?
While we are headquartered in Dallas, Texas, we’re a small distributed team with less than 5 employees that all work remotely.
As a matter of fact, you’ll be our first marketing hire.
We primarily use Slack, Asana, and Google Drive to communicate.
What’s a typical week look like?
Here’s some of the responsibilities that you’ll be tasked with.
- Write 2-4, ~2,000 word blog posts
- Work with Allen on setting the content strategy (blog posts, videos, social media posts)
- Implement the content strategy using data reports from the Lead SEO
- Create/maintain the editorial calendar
- Do research for upcoming blog posts
- Contribute a monthly ‘Ultimate Guide’ project
- Update Spy Guy’s Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube channels.
- Perform some light linkbuilding outreach. We use Ahrefs.
- Track content performance in Google Analytics
What skills do you need to be successful?
- Strong copywriting and persuasive writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Solid understanding of SEO
- Familiar with Google Analytics
- Some experience using link building and content promotion tools such as Ahrefs and Buzzsumo preferred.
- Solid researching skills
What’s in it for you?
- TOTALLY remote role, no strings attached. We don’t care when you work or where you work from are as long as you’re doing an amazing job.
- Access to high end courses to help you get better at your job and be better equipped for future work (Digital Marketer certification courses, Jeffalytics, Storybrand, Ramit Sethi Courses, productivity courses, books, etc)
- If they have any interest, direct knowledge from the founder and CEO on building brands, successful ecommerce, online marketing, and China sourcing.
Compensation and other logistics
- $2,200/month for a 6 month trial period with pay increases based on performance.
- Possibility for revenue share based on results generated.