Customer Business Manager – Whole Foods
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Customer Business Manager (CBM) will develop sustained business relationships with and drive profitable sales volume through Whole Foods Market for assigned categories and account overall. They will have a desire to grow the UL Natural portfolio in this leading strategic account through existing product lines, innovation items and acquisitions. They will work closely with ACBM to ensure all categories’ objectives are met. The CBM will work closely with our broker partners. The CBM is responsible for achieving volume targets while maintaining spending budgets. They will work with syndicated data and other data resources to identify opportunities and develop a plan to achieve them. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and managing multiple brands and initiatives are critical. A working knowledge of the distributor environment (UNFI and keHE preferred) and managing brokers will be valuable.
- Manage relationship with category managers and interface with Whole Foods various functional departments
- Drive strategic relationships and accelerated growth while operating within approved Trade Marketing parameters.
- Drive trade investment effectiveness and efficiency
- Coordinate annual planning efforts
- Consistently communicate status against objectives and identify risks and opportunities
- Routinely interface with multiple internal and external departments/personnel, educating various teams on Whole Foods Market strategic goals and requirements.
- Work directly with Unilever HQ teams to co-develop and incubate new brands for the entire Natural Channel
- Manage and communicate through broker teams to ensure objectives are being met.
- Work closely with Distributor Manager and Demand Planning to ensure distributor forecast is aligned to WFM needs
- Balance Whole Foods Market needs while ensuring total market integrity.
- Coordinate Joint Business Plans with Whole Foods Market
- Strong story-telling ability to support strategic and mission-based product launches; act as partner and knowledge leader on sustainability initiatives as appropriate
- Able to deal with complexity, competing demands and change in an ever-evolving account
- Undergraduate degree is required
- Must be skilled in verbal and written communications
- Must be able to manage complexity and communicate status against objectives
- Must be able to effectively relate with multiple levels of management, both internally and externally
- Proven Business Manager experience with key customers is a must
- Trade Marketing and Category Management experience is a plus
- Must be a strategic thinker that can work effectively, and in a highly collaborative manner
- Must have strong relationship building and management skills
- Working knowledge of SPINS, IRI, and AMPS is strongly desired