Website Mystery Science
We are hiring a Customer Experience Specialist to join our Customer Team. As a Customer Experience Specialist, you’ll have the opportunity to really shape the customer experience and be the first point of contact for many of our customers. This is an opportunity to help fix science education for the next generation.
- Are you a positive person who loves helping others?
- Are you able to empathize easily?
- Are you detail-oriented and enjoy solving complex problems?
- Are you a strong communicator?
Mystery Science is based in San Francisco, but this is remote position. However, you MUST be willing to work during U.S. PST or CST business hours.
What is Mystery Science?
Mystery Science creates open-and-go lessons that inspire kids to love science. We reach children before they’ve lost their natural curiosity so we can help the next generation develop a scientific understanding of the world. We are reaching millions of children this school year by helping elementary teachers to teach science. Mystery Science is the fastest growing science curriculum in the U.S. and is already used by teachers in more than 20% of elementary schools in the country.
Mystery Science was started by two long-time friends, Doug Peltz and Keith Schacht. Doug was a master classroom teacher, a science department head, and the creator of an original science curriculum that made science the most popular subject at his school. Keith Schacht, our CEO, has started and sold three technology companies, was a product manager at Facebook, and a TED speaker. We’re backed by a great group of investors including Y Combinator, Learn Capital, and Reach Capital.
As a Customer Experience Specialist, you will:
- Be a supportive, responsive friend for teachers who reach out for help
- Respond promptly to email and phone inquiries
- Resolve any customer issues including account or technical problems
- Regularly share and synthesize what you’re learning about our customers with other people on the Mystery Science team
- Keep organized records of your communications
- Support our mission through additional projects and initiatives
What we’re looking for in you:
- You have experience providing outstanding customer service.
- You have exceptional written and communication skills.
- You are a creative problem solver with attention to detail.
- You are comfortable learning new technology.
- You have experience working and thriving in a remote position.
- You are available Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Pacific Time.
What is the Mystery Science team like?
On your first day at Mystery Science, you’ll meet a team of people who are passionate about science and teaching, and who each love their respective crafts. Our co-founder, Doug Peltz, began by assembling the best science explainers in the world from the Exploratorium, Klutz, LePort Schools, Stanford, and The Field Museum. Our focus on people extends to every area of the company. We’re building the team that we want to work with (http://mysteryscience.com/team).
We are a product-driven company. The core of what we do is create an incredible product that our customers love. We test every science activity, observe every explanation with children, and talk with teachers constantly. We take our responsibility to envision the future of learning very seriously and we want to bring the best science education to every child in the world. This is an opportunity to join a startup and transform science education for the next generation of children.
What’s the next step?
If you are inspired by our mission and passionate about helping teachers succeed and transforming science education for kids, we’d like to hear from you!