Website Kresser Institute
- $62 – 72k per annum based on skill and experience
- Company performance bonus plan (5% for on target, uncapped if above target)
- Work from home with a flexible schedule (core hours 8am – 5pm PST)
- Emphasis on work-life balance
- Health insurance – Blue Shield Silver PPO
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) company matching up to 4%
- Three weeks of paid time off. Two weeks (10 days) of mandatory vacation (we strongly believe in the value of rest and rejuvenation), and one week (5 days) of “personal days”, which can be used for family/personal/health reasons.
- One week paid sabbatical for personal/professional development, plus a $250 cash stipend the employee can apply toward whatever activity they are doing on their sabbatical. The activity need not be work-related—could be a cooking class, meditation retreat, etc.
- $100/m cash fitness/wellness benefit
- Paid annual subscription to Spotify (the team has a #music channel in Slack and we actively share music we like)
- Professional development: we work with NOBL, a “global change agency” that trains companies to become more adaptive and self-organizing. Individual employees learn valuable new skills related to productivity, decision-making, project management, and more. We just finished a 4-hour workshop with our trainer from NOBL in Austin, and I flew all of the employees in for it.
- Annual team retreat: we meet in person once a year in a beautiful location (going to Todos Santos, in Southern Baja, in March 2019, and probably Powder Mountain in Utah in 2020) to hang out in person, have fun, and do team development activities.
- Working with a team of passionate, purpose-driven, supportive people
Do you see Customer Service as a calling, not just a job? Are you passionate about health? Do you want to play a role in reinventing healthcare in the US and around the world? If so, this could be the job for you.
Kresser Institute (aka Chris Kresser LLC) is on a mission to reverse the epidemic of chronic disease. We train healthcare practitioners in the ADAPT Framework, which incorporates Functional Medicine, an ancestral diet and lifestyle, and a collaborative, patient-centered practice model. We offer several different programs, including a one-year intensive for licensed clinicians (doctors, nurse practitioners, etc.), a certification for health coaches (launching June 2018), and a monthly, membership-based continuing education platform. Kresser Institute has trained over 2,000 practitioners, and is one of the fastest growing Functional Medicine educational providers in the world. http://kresserinstitute.com/about/
Customer Success Manager – The Role
You will primarily serve people enrolled in the training courses that we offer. This includes people from healthcare professionals right through to lay people training to become health coaches. Your goal will be to support them in successfully purchasing and completing the programs while providing a high-touch, memorable “white glove” customer service experience. You will also be serving customers of our consumer products through every step of our process and handling all general support inquiries.
You will be responsible for the entire customer service process—from the initial inbound sale to support during and after training. This means not just answering tickets, but also designing and improving the customer experience across all platforms: email, phone, live chat social media, and mobile.
- Your highest value with the team will be to inspire customer success across the company.
- To make sure all our customers are treated the right way and serve as the primary point of contact for the company and represent the brand’s core values.
- Own your steps in the customer journey from on-boarding to alumni support.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing teams to help them understand what customers are saying.
- Serve as a product expert on use cases and provide guidance on strategies and best practices on how to use our products.
- Motivate and leverage the entire team’s collective domain knowledge to support customers, and systematically document it using our team knowledge base software.
- Follow our procedures and respond to customer emails promptly during business hours. At times of sales/enrollment periods, even quicker response times and flexible work hours will be required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with the help of other team members; locate and direct users to relevant blog materials, refunds, payment lookup, program access rights, supplement dosages, etc.
- Create reports on user feedback to supervisor and work with team to implement solutions according to this feedback.
- Enforce refund policies and procedures in a diplomatic manner. Have the ability to navigate touchy financial situations and vet reasonable refund requests before elevating to management for approval.
- You love helping others and discovering their needs and easily build rapport with a range of the most difficult customers.
- You achieve your goals through positive collaboration and communication, and perform well even under pressure.
- You see service as a calling, not just a job.
- You thrive on delighting and surprising customers. You are happy to go out of your way to offer value and create a positive and memorable experience and are constantly thinking about ways that we can better serve our customers.
- You have created effective systems where domain knowledge from many areas is captured as templated responses, so that everyone can respond to customers accurately and efficiently.
- You see every step of the customer experience from start to finish as important: from the moment they enter the funnel, to after they graduate from our programs and how we interact with and support “alumni”.
- You are not easily deterred. You are a confidently proactive problem-solver and try to solve problems yourself before asking for support. You believe that there is always a good solution for a customer or for a challenge in your job; you just need to find it.
- You prioritize strategically based on the big-picture goals and the latest details to ensure you are on track. You are able to switch gears quickly if necessary and still make sure everything is achieved.
- You work efficiently on multiple or complicated tasks and have systems that enable you to do that and make it highly unlikely that you’ll forget a commitment or lose track of the details.
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and do the work but are also capable of managing others effectively.
- You are used to working from home and have a complete home office setup with late-model computer (Mac preferred but not required) and fast/reliable internet.
- You would consider relocating to Austin.
Your experience includes:
- 1-3 years as a Customer Service Manager or relevant experience in a position with similar skill set and qualifications.
- Working with e-commerce, payment or subscription platforms.
- Intermediate level knowledge of iWork, Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- WordPress, Email software, social media platforms, forums and collaboration software.
- Working in any of the following markets: higher education, continuing education, licensed health professionals.
- Familiarity with Functional Medicine.
- Working on a remote team.
- Serving higher-ticket, professional customers.
- Conflict resolution training.
About Kresser Institute
Kresser Institute is an online education and training company dedicated to reversing the chronic disease epidemic. We are 100 per cent virtual/distributed, with employees based in several states across the United States.
We have a fast-paced ‘start-up’ atmosphere even though we are now well-established and successful. Our tight-knit team shares a passion for health and wellness and a commitment to creating a more effective and humane future of medicine. The founder and CEO, Chris Kresser, is a globally-recognized expert and thought leader in the fields of Functional Medicine and ancestral/evolutionary health, and has been named one of the most influential people in health and fitness by Greatist.com.
Working at Kresser Institute
Core hours are mostly during normal business hours (9-5 Monday to Friday Pacific Time) but there is some flexibility built into the virtual nature of the company. You may occasionally be required to work evenings or weekends, depending upon our product release schedule. As long as you are easily accessible via IM (Slack), phone, and email throughout the day, there is the possibility of having some input on and influence over your own schedule.