- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
At Dataquest, we teach data science to a community of hundreds of thousands of students worldwide. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers. Read more about our philosophy here, and read what students think here.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketer to engage students inside the Dataquest platform. We want to eventually help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education. You’ll play a key role keeping them excited on the journey.
Who Should Apply?
We’re looking for someone who can empathize with the student experience. You’ll be responsible for all stages of the marketing funnel after a student has created a free account. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You’ve made knowing our competitors business, your business! You know what they’re up to today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our students better than they know themselves, including what motivates them, and what they need to achieve their goals.
This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with students, increases the time they spend on the site, and gets them excited about investing in their education.
We need someone with the ability to grasp and present Dataquest’s value in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we create success for our students. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and get excited about presenting data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
Strong communication and a collaborative nature are a must as you will regularly work with the marketing, product management and content teams.
How You’ll Contribute
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our students, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management, content marketing, and content authors to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our students.
- Create meaningful interactions with our students using messaging tailored to their experience across a variety of platforms, such as in-app messages, landing pages, marketing site, the Dataquest blog, email campaigns, social campaigns, and webinars.
- Craft student marketing personas based on data and market understanding.
- Tailor messaging to each persona.
- Evaluate performance using feedback from students as well as relevant KPIs.
- Become well acquainted with what we teach and how we teach it.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 3 years of experience in a market-facing role
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, who is comfortable running webinars and live demos.
- Excellent people and management skills – Team player!
- Experience in market analysis
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns)
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends)
Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Nice to Have
- Background in design
- Previous sales experience
- Experience or exposure to global marketing
- Previous content or copy writing experience
Why You Should Work at Dataquest
- The opportunity to see your impact on the lives of our students every day.
- Be apart of an engaged and mission-driven team.
- The chance to contribute to product direction and decisions.
- We’re full remote!
- A supportive environment where you can get help when you run into blockers.
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, if you’re in the USA
- 401(k) plan
This is a full-time remote role.