Sr. Technical Trainer
- 💡 Mid-Level 💡
- ✈️ Travel Required ✈️
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Job Description Summary
DataStax delivers the always-on, Active Everywhere distributed hybrid cloud database built on Apache Cassandra™. We are seeking a talented Sr. Technical Trainer to join our team.
DataStax is looking for an experienced Sr. Technical Trainer to create and deliver technical training content for our database software platform. In this role, you will be a part of our highly visible instructor-led training and certification team that helps developers, operations staff, and architects develop skills necessary to become DataStax Enterprise and Apache Cassandra experts.
You will be responsible for delivering live and virtual training on DataStax Enterprise and supporting technologies such Spark, Solr, and our proprietary graph technology. You must be a quick learner, possess the kind of technical aptitude you’ll need to ramp quickly (with help!) on a complex stack, and have the classroom chops necessary to make educational magic happen in the classroom. The ideal candidate has spent meaningful time working with data technologies and products, and is passionate about creating and delivering excellent training content.
Essential Job Functions
- Deliver and maintain technical training content virtually, on-site, and at DataStax events to customers, partners, and prospects.
- Rapidly acquire in-depth product knowledge and become a Subject Matter Expert for DataStax products so that you can deliver training content with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with Product Management, Curriculum Development, and Documentation teams to understand the products and training needs.
- Deliver live and virtual training content using online LMS tools and WebEx.
- Observe and evaluate the results of training programs.
- Manage Course assessments (exams), hands on exercises, and user surveys.
- Keep and report data on completed courses, labs, absences and issues. Work with curriculum engineers to provide feedback that improve course objectives.
- Help define training projects and strategies that balance our short and long term goals.
- Example courses include: DS220 Data Modeling, DS210 DataStax Enterprise Operations on Apache Cassandra™.
- 4+ years’ relevant work experience in creating and delivering technical training content or technical consulting.
- Proficient in using MS/Office, Unix/Linux, GitHub, online presentation tools like WebEx.
- Knowledge of Java and other languages.
- Familiarity with Apache Cassandra™, Apache Spark™, Apache Solr™ and Graph database technologies is a huge plus.
- Excellent communicator and be able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
- Ability to develop and enhance training artifacts.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies e.g. AWS
- 60% travel required.