Virtual Corporate Event Coordinator
Website DEO: Dentist Entrepreneur Organization
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- 💥 Work for a DCer 💥
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
- 🇨🇦 Anywhere in Canada 🇨🇦
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 20-30 hours a week (event weeks will be more, often 40+)
- Work from home – no office
- Plan 8-12 events per year, from 30 attendees to 400 attendees
- Location independent – can work from anywhere
- Must work during US time zone hours
- Must be willing to travel to be onsite for our events
- Experience required (portfolio/examples preferred)
- Have a team to work with to help execute all tasks
- Pay: $25-$30/hr, depending on experience
Do You Have Experience Planning and Coordinating Events? Are You A Whiz At Negotiating Hotel Contracts, Corporate Event Planning and Running Event Logistics?
We Want To Hear From You!
We are looking to add to our team a successful and enthusiastic event coordinator to produce our events from conception to completion. We want someone who prides themselves in being organized to help produce memorable events that meet quality expectations of both our team and our clients!
As an Event Coordinator You Will Be Doing the Following:
- Everything about our events: Planning, finding locations, negotiating contracts with hotels, vendors and more, maintaining a budget, working with different members of the team to coordinate all aspects of an event, being onsite to fulfill execution of the event.
- Directly manage AV vendors, catering, hotel management, check in process.
- Manage stage design, table design, vendor booths, opening reception.
- On site management of event from beginning of event to end.
- Elevate attendee experience, branding, and aesthetics of event for ‘Wow’ experience.
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within required time limits.
- Liaise with other team members to identify different department needs to ensure a successful event for our clients.
- Conduct market research about locations, hotels, vendors, local restaurants, shuttles and more, gather that information for review and negotiate contracts to get the best deal.
- Provide feedback and progress reports to the team.
- Take ownership of position to create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), needed documents, tasks, checklists for events. As well as proposing ideas to improve event quality, effectiveness and efficacy.
- Organize facilities and manage all event details, including but not limited to decor, catering, transportation, location, entertainment, speakers, travel, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Be able to work with location staff and specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities. Be able to assign and delegate any needed responsibilities and tasks for the DEO team as well.
- Be the main point of contact for the location, vendors and more. Be proactive in handling any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems throughout the process, all the way through to the event day/weekend.
- Conduct post-event evaluations from our clients and report on the outcomes.
- Proven experience as an event coordinator.
- Portfolio of previously managed events (meetings, weddings, corporate events, parties).
- Excellent time management skills. Event Coordinator must be able to prioritize tasks independently. Many things happen all at once during an event and the coordinator must be able to stay focused and organized so the event goes off without a hitch.
- Stellar communication skills. The right person will be able to talk to the team to uncover what the event and/or client needs are and then presenting ideas and solutions for those requirements. Customer service and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Sales/Negotiation skills and ability to build productive and strong business relationships.
- Calm under pressure. Things will go wrong during a event and the event coordinator must remain calm during the crisis and handle the high pressure of an event. The ability to direct the team as well as the location staff in order to quickly deal with any issues is a must.
- Talented problem solving skills. Being able to quickly solve an issue is required.
- Must have the skills in order to use technology to help communicate, plan, budget and organize events. Familiarity with Google Docs, Slack, Gmail.
- BS in Event Management or related field a plus
Other Basic Job Details:
- Prefer the candidate to have accessibility during working hours (9-5pm PST)
- Does not need to be local to our headquarters in Portland
- Ability to travel to be onsite for events
This is the Opposite of a “Traditional Job”
The position is location independent and working with a fast growing, progressive team in a challenging and fun work environment. You’ll be given big amounts of job responsibilities and the chance to make a real impact on a small and growing company. This is not your average cubicle job!
Who Is “DEO – Dentist Entrepreneur Organization”?
DEO is a group of aspiring dental entrepreneurs and future leaders that really have a similar mindset. They want to be better and make a difference and grow and have an outreach that is much further than what they can do by themselves.”
Our mission is to provide group practice owners the community, education and resources necessary to enhance their ability to become a corporate leader, an effective senior executive and build a thriving Dental Group.
Other (Pretty Stellar) Perks
- Access to cutting edge digital marketing strategies and tactics.
- Work directly under successful entrepreneurs and learn what makes a successful small business tick.
- Learn dozens, if not hundreds of the latest digital tools and tricks the best businesses are using.
- Constant, continual learning which will challenge you intellectually at all times.
- A fast paced, progressive work situation.
- Results oriented daily job. Your job will matter to the company’s bottom line.
- Full control over your work day.
- No micromanaging or office politics.
- Laid back work teammates.
Bonus… How to Stand Out!
A quick bonus (everyone loves a bonus!). Here are a few things we love
- Positive attitudes, self help
- Get ‘er done attitudes
- People who teach themselves
- People who love to learn and research
- People who are curious and google things
- People who are passionate
- People who go above and beyond
- People who have integrity
- People who are honest
- People who are dedicated.