Director of MarketingApply Now
Website DRIVE Markets
- 💡 Entry to Mid-Level 💡
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🗺 Anywhere in Europe or Canada 🗺
DRIVE Markets is a commission-free, institutional FX and CX exchange, offering spot and futures trading for leading currencies including BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH and LTC against USD and CAD.
DRIVE is building the future of finance, starting with DRIVE Markets and DRIVE Pay.
As Director of Marketing, you are responsible for the development and implementation of the inbound and outbound marketing strategy to acquire traders to DRIVE Markets, including digital marketing campaigns, growth hacking, events and PR.
The ideal candidate will have extensive marketing experience, a comprehensive knowledge of branding and a proven track record working on successful marketing campaigns and products. You also understand marketing within the ‘crypto space’, the channels to approach, and in particular how it diverges from traditional online marketing.
Marketing experience in the forex and/or cryptocurrency industries – including ICO/IEO, airdrop, bounty and other user acquisition campaigns – is a plus. If you have an understanding of what makes people tick and are comfortable creating and translating strategy into actionable goals that exceed targets, we want to meet you. At DRIVE, your personality is valued just as much as your skills!
This position will report to the Vice President DRIVE Markets.
You will make an impact at DRIVE Markets by
- Create a marketing plan to bring in new accounts and meet/ exceed revenue targets
- Collaborate with the DRIVE Markets team to uncover insights and strategies to develop and implement marketing and branding strategies for new and existing products including DRIVE Insider
- Identifying revenue opportunities within our established client base and managing consistent growth
- Identifying short and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs: creating and management an annual marketing budget, spend, including, profit/loss projections,
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for marketing team
- Representing DRIVE Markets and building industry relationships
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment
- You’re the ship’s captain: creating and implementing DRIVE’s marketing plan begins and ends with you. You live and breathe strategy and intend to use that to steer the marketing direction of DRIVE
- Incentivised programs (e.g. Airdrops, Bounties, etc) are the lifeblood of successful marketing campaigns in the crypto space – you know them like the back of your hand, and know how to leverage our cryptocurrency, DRV, as part of one
- Working closely with the management, creative, and content teams, you’ll develop an effective, efficient, and most importantly, *exciting*, marketing strategy that ultimately seeks to grow the number of active accounts on DRIVE Markets
- Spearheading what goes on behind the scenes in order to have the best front of house: the strategic and tactical execution of marketing campaigns requires you to design test/control segmentation, test implementation, tracking, results reporting, analysis, and recommendations
- Seeing where a product’s killer story lies and weaving it into existence.
- Creating messaging that speaks to our products’ strengths and benefits – across multiple territories, on and offline – and cuts through the crap to tell the world we mean business
- Establish KPIs, metrics and targets to help show the team how great a job you (and the department) doing!
- Always looking ahead to identify the next opportunity to grow our marketing efforts, channels and partnerships within the Forex & Crypto industry
- Attending, presenting at (and eventually organising) events, conventions, conferences, trade shows: capitalizing on the chance to build buzz, produce engaging displays and collateral, and providing post-event reports and analysis
- Bringing a unique perspective to the role and DRIVE as a whole
Position Challenges and Risks
- Product launched within the last 60 days with only basic marketing to date.
- Current marketing team consists of: Managing Editor (DRIVE Insider), Junior Graphic Designer, SEO analyst, and contract content writers (DRIVE Insider).
- The current marketing team has little previous cryptocurrency and forex experience.
- The company is in the midst of a Series A financing with $6M committed of an $8M target. The company will need to complete its Series A and open a Series B.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
- Successful track record in senior marketing roles and creating marketing strategies and campaigns
- Experience with digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Experience with marketing in the forex and cryptocurrency industries preferred
- Proven ability to plan and manage budgets
- Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skill
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Established network of media and PR contacts preferred
- Hands-on, results-driven, efficient, detail-oriented
- Dedicated teamwork and collaborative attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Fearless! Not afraid to use controversy to drive the messaging!
Compensation includes a competitive base plus allowance and unlimited vacation.
Drive Markets embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those who apply however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
This posting will close on June 21, 2019.