Website Dynamite Circle / Dynamite Jobs
DC MEMBERThe Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
We’re seeking someone ambitious to join our team this winter as an apprentice. The gig is a paid marketing apprenticeship designed to be a springboard into the location independent lifestyle. The work is remote, although we’d love it if you could join us in Asia for the first month.
The team and I have been busy preparing for DCBKK as well as a bunch of member events in 2018 (shown below), all while doing our best to place as many remote professionals in quality companies over at Dynamite Jobs. So far we’ve made 30 confirmed placements in 2018, and are on track to do between 50-100 this year. We have big plans for the site and are looking to 10x that number in 2019.
The entire team – 4 of us full-time, 2 part-time, as well as many seasonal staff that make our larger events possible – is a flurry of activity this time of year. I believe it’s a great time to add someone with fresh ideas and ambition to the mix. Thanks to DCBKK, our entire team will be in one place for a week (along with 300 entrepreneurs). It’s a fantastic opportunity to discuss new initiatives and set the plan for 2019. You’ll have a chance to come in and shadow our staff and work across every functional area of our business.
- This is an apprenticeship NOT a job. Simply put, the more you put into it, the more you’ll learn and get from it. If you are ambitious, talented and willing to take initiative on projects, we’ll work with you to carve an ongoing role in the company after the first 90 days.
- Please DO NOT apply to this role if you are just looking for a “job” where a manager hands you daily assignments or are content with doing busy work.
- You’ll get to work on projects and tasks across all areas of the business including in The Dynamite Circle and Dynamite Jobs.
- There won’t be a typical day for someone in this role. Here’s a handful of tasks that you might be working on at any given time: formatting and editing job posts in WordPress, doing keyword research, writing blog posts, managing our social media accounts, replying to customer service emails and making sales calls.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re high-energy, ambitious and resourceful. If you don’t know how to do something, you are willing to learn on the fly.
- You’re humble and ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work. You’re comfortable juggling multiple projects at once. No project is too big or too small for you to do.
- You’re a great writer. You’ll be writing every single day, from articulating your ideas and next steps on a project to the team in Slack, to providing guidance to a new customer or replying to feature requests on Dynamite Jobs.
- You believe that providing a great customer experience day in and day out is the best marketing a company can do. We focus on “inside out” marketing and providing great information and service to our users. Simply put, our customers come first.
- You’re results-oriented. You have the confidence to take the lead on projects that create results for a growing business.
- You’re a natural at staying on top of and managing many dynamic relationships.
- You are just as comfortable sharing critical feedback as you are at receiving it; you’re able to sustain focused critical thought.
- You are relatively tech-savvy. You should be familiar with WordPress, Slack, Skype, Zapier and Google Apps.
- Although the apprenticeship will be challenging and difficult, the rewards will also be sizable. Among our membership are some of the brightest minds in the entrepreneurial world, and you’ll work directly with them. When we work well, we have the opportunity to create magic and positively change the lives of others.
- You have prior experience working remotely.
- (Bonus) You have a background or prior experience in Web design or social media marketing.
- (Bonus) You could spend the first month of your apprenticeship in Thailand (Bangkok and Chiang Mai) helping us with on-the-ground logistics running DCBKK, learning about the business and meeting with exceptional customers. Your work will be on display.
- We’ll even cover your plane ticket to Bangkok + your hotel stay during the week of DCBKK (You’ll be on-staff at the event).
- Work from anywhere in the world as long as you have great WiFi!
- Work with a flexible and motivated team with the ability to tie results in the organization directly to your actions.
- Flexible work hours – We don’t care when you work as long as you have a couple of hours overlap each day during U.S. business hours.
- A plane ticket to Bangkok plus a hotel room during DCBKK (if you can spend the first month in Thailand)
- If you are willing to get your hands dirty and work hard, you will learn a ton and be able to work across all areas of the business from sales and marketing to customer service and operations.
- Your hard work and creative energy can and will be transferred directly into results for our members.
- This is a 3-month paid apprenticeship. If things work out well after the first 90 days, we’ll work with you to carve out an ongoing role in the company.
- $10 USD/per hour. Roughly 20-25 hours per week.
- The last day to apply is Thursday September 27th; Job starts in mid-October.