Sales Director – DoD (Army)
- 💡 Mid-Level 💡
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- ✈️ Travel Required ✈️
- 🗺 Anywhere in AMER 🗺
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We’re scaling our Federal team and hiring for a Sales Director covering our Army account. Elastic’s Public Sector team is dedicated to develop solutions tailored to our Government customer base.
The first salespeople who sold paper and pencils, relational databases, and Hadoop did very well for themselves. Elastic is the next thing in data; we are rapidly growing and searching for a strong individual to help drive our business forward. Are you a creative sales person with ambition to develop new business in a dynamic market? Does learning new technology excite you? Do you maintain an optimistic vision for your future and inspire your colleagues, customers and business partners around you? Are you ready to take the next step in your sales career? We would love to have you join us for the ride.
Let’s Talk if You
- Have 7-10 years of successful experience selling SaaS and/or open source software.
- Have 5+ years of experience selling into DoD (Army) with a comprehensive understanding of the local Public Sector landscape and associated business processes.
- Have knowledge of Big Data, Cloud, Systems Infrastructure, Enterprise Application Integration, Database and/or Data warehouse concepts and products.
- Are known for your operational excellence, ability to effectively utilize your own time, and are passionate about demonstrating the power of technology to do incredible work.
- Are consultative in relationships with your customers and have ability to establish trust.
- Can communicate with both developers and executives.
What You Will Do
- Lead your territory and grow your pipeline – identify prospects, diagnose needs, prescribe solutions, negotiate, and problem solve to build and meet Government customers’ demand for Elastic’s services.
- Position yourself as the industry authority and consultant to your partners and prospects by understanding their needs, enabling your customers to get business insights in real-time data exploration, and providing them with the most advanced open source search and analytics engine available.
- Collaborate with peers to develop fresh approaches, winning strategies, and champion sustained success.
- Drive new business and be a great partner within your region to customers by being an inspiring leader in your marketplace.
- Use SFDC to forecast activity and recurring monthly revenue achievement.
- Travel to meet customers or as business requires (30%).
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.