Website Excel Rescue
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
- 💥Work for a DCer💥
🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
🔑 Report to Founder 🔑
My name is Shane (https://www.linkedin.com/in/shane-redlick-a133595) and I’m looking for a talented Operations Manager to help me grow my micro consulting / productized service business. We’re a small, and quickly growing team with customers and 6 developers spread across the globe.
Excel Rescue is a done-for-you small tasks service for Microsoft Excel.
We’re looking for someone who can commit part-time (at least 10-20 hours per week) and you’ll be compensated hourly. As a client facing position (and most customers English speaking), you’ll need *excellent* written and spoken English.
YES THIS JOB IS FLEXIBLE
This is a 100% remote position. All you’ll need is a quiet, distraction free, place to work with a good internet connection. Working hours are flexible, but you must be regularly available during North American business hours – where the majority of our customers are located.
The role is interesting and challenging, with the autonomy to make decisions and have an impact.
What Kind of Work?
- You’ll be managing, recruiting and onboarding a growing team of remote Excel developers
- You’ll be responsible for helping with customer communications. The developers on the team often handle the communication related to their tasks. When they get stuck or have a problem – you’ll swoop in and help resolve it.
- Ensure SOP’s are current and continue to be a good fit. Provide feedback and recommendations for refining them where needed.
- Resource planning – manage task workload/balancing/prioritization, organizing developers.
- Payroll and billing where necessary.
- Represent the company – including appearing as a guest on Podcasts, etc.
- Keep an overall/high level view of the quickly growing flow of tasks.
Minimum of 3 years experience in:
- Leading a team of people (preferably developers).
- Working as a consultant or in a consulting environment.
- Project management (formal certifications an asset, but not a requirement with experience).
- Using MS Excel as an advanced/power user (ability to code VBA, write formulas, etc is not a requirement).
- You must be very organized, bordering on OCD, and love systems and processes. Our business thrives or fails based on repeatable processes and a consistent customer experience.
- You need to have a strong empathy for customer service and customer success – while also having the ability to be firm and stand up to the occasional difficult customer.
- Thrive at giving direction, but also open to taking direction from me as well as accept feedback from the developer team members.
- High level of empathy and EQ.
How We’ll Measure Success
- Task turnaround time.
- Customer communication response times.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Developer/Team satisfaction.
- Task Profitability.
- Task conversion rates and returning customer rates.
- Timeline: starting as soon as we find the right person.
- 60-day trial period.
- Hours & Pay: Part time (10-20hrs /week), Hourly to be determined + Bonus.
- 100% Remote.
- Flexible hours and vacation.
- Be part of a positive, supportive team.