Family Support Care Advocate
Website UnitedHealth Group
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale – as part of an incredible team culture that’s defining the future of behavioral health care.
This is a Family Support Health Care Advocate position that deals specifically with families impacted by autism and it is desired that the candidate have experience with autism spectrum disorders, as well as, Intensive Behavioral therapies such as applied behavior analysis.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Making patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care.
- Role will be focused on supporting children and their families.
- Obtaining information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment.
- Determining if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed.
- Managing outpatient mental health cases throughout the entire treatment plan.
- Administering benefits and reviewing treatment plans.
- Coordinating benefits and transitions between various areas of care.
- Identifying ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas.
The hours for this role would be Monday – Friday from 11am – 8:30pm Pacific time.
You’ll find the pace fast and the challenges ongoing. We’ll expect you to achieve and document measurable results. You’ll also need to think and act quickly while working with a diverse member population.
- Active and unrestricted license – LCSW, LPC , LMFT, Licensed Psychologist, with experience in behavioral in the state which you reside.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in a related mental health environment.
- Experience working with children / adolescents.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment, including MS Word.
- Must have the ability to talk on the phone and type at the same time.
- Demonstrated telephonic / office – based experience.
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Managed Care experience.
- Background in Case Management.
Discover a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day – and where every day is another opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.