Sales Support Specialist
Website Foundation Medicine
- 💡 Entry-Level 💡
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine began with an idea – to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
The Sales Support Specialist, Commercial Operations provides operational support to our Sales team. The successful candidate will serve as an internal liaison to members of the Sales team and be responsible for managing their requests, including help onboarding new accounts, account monitoring, status updates, and account analysis. The individual will work closely with the Client Resolution Specialist to ensure escalation and timely resolution of client issues. The individual will also assist with projects related to commercial training and customer success.
- Manage, prioritize, and respond to all sales related requests on a day-to-day basis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments (Billing, Medical Affairs, Finance, and Pathology) as needed to support efforts of the sales team.
- Establish strong rapport with sales team members and ensure their complete satisfaction with response, response time, and any required follow up associated with their request.
- Set-up new accounts and document client’s preferred communication methods and/or special requests into appropriate systems.
- Learn all aspects of the testing process at Foundation Medicine and be equipped to thoroughly investigate and resolve client and sales concerns.
- Compile and analyze account level data to assist the sales team.
- Participate in the onboarding and training of newly hired sales account executives.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 2 years customer-focused, professional experience; preferably in sales, sales support, or healthcare industry.
- Experience working with MS Office Suite preferred.
- Working knowledge of excel preferred.
- Exhibits high initiative and follow-through, and seeks opportunities to contribute beyond their role.
- Confident, proactive individual capable of taking the initiative and delivering results that exceed expectations.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, can maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced setting.
- Adaptable, flexible, and dependable individual that supports change, works well within conflicts to quickly eliminate roadblocks, and places a high value on client satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills, can simplify a complex situation into a clear and concise message.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to motivate and influence others.