Senior WordPress Developer
Website Four Kitchens
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
Senior WordPress Developer
We are looking for a full-time Senior WordPress Developer to join our team and help build our Enterprise WordPress practice. We are an established development shop in other CMS technologies and are looking to expand our portfolio to include WordPress. This is the perfect opportunity for a Senior Developer looking to build a WordPress practice from the ground up! You will establish best practices, collaborate with Sales and Marketing to get us the right work, and play a key role in future hiring decisions.
- Establishing our WordPress best practices.
- Helping to market and sell WordPress projects to new and existing clients.
- Working closely with clients on project engagements to deliver exceptional code, consulting and advice.
- Creating custom plugins, debugging and patching core components, and understanding the source code of the systems you work with.
- Designing and developing code architecture that promotes reuse, readability, and best-practice coding standards.
- Understanding the web’s infrastructure to create highly-performant and scalable features.
- Passionately keeping pace with rapid innovation in web technologies.
- Experience building WordPress sites at an enterprise scale.
- Interest in or demonstrated experience leading a team of developers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for making really cool stuff for the web.
- Ability to self-direct in a fully distributed work environment.
- Professional, yet personable demeanor. You must be able to represent yourself and Four Kitchens to our clients, other members of your team, and to open-source communities at large.
- Desire to engage with the open source community via code contributions, projects, presentations, blog posts, etc.
Annual salary of $80,000 to $90,000, depending on experience, plus benefits.
- Generous paid time off. We plan for each team member to take up to 25 days of time off annually.
- Paid holidays – including days such as MLK Day, 4K Founding Day, and a Winter Holiday (usually a full week).
- 100% remote workforce.
- $2,000 annual professional development and education budget. This can be spent on conferences, seminars, classes — anything that advances your professional goals.
- 100% paid option for medical insurance for employee, including dental and vision.
- 100% paid life and disability insurance for employee.
- 3% Safe Harbor non-elective employer 401k contribution.
- $150/month tech budget to spend on your home office and equipment needs.
- An excellent work environment filled with smart, funny people who love what they do.
About Four Kitchens
Four Kitchens is a leading digital strategy firm with strong roots in the open-source and free-culture communities. We build websites and apps to engage audiences on virtually any device, in our pursuit of setting knowledge free. We hire developers, designers, and strategists with strong consultative skills and a desire to make a difference, both to our clients and to each other.
Our Values and Culture
Our Web Chefs bring more than their professional skills to the kitchen and we encourage everyone to help guide the direction of our company. We all have a strong voice in what we do and how we do it. Collectively, our values—The Way Of the Web Chef—guide how we interact with each other, our colleagues, and our clients. Four Kitchens is not just a company — it’s a closely knit team. We believe in the power of individuals coming together to do something bigger than they could have done alone.
We believe good talent is where you find it and, as a distributed team, we’re excited to be pioneers in what we believe is the future of work-culture. Even though we have no physical office, we strive to remain a collaborative community using tools like Slack and Zoom. The Web Chefs span four time zones and our goal is for team members to feel like they are working together in the same room, even if they’re thousands of miles apart.
We care for our teammates as people, which is why we have a generous PTO policy, encourage time off, and have a great benefits package. Not only do we strive to maintain a good work-life balance, but we also participate in interesting and creative projects outside of client work to expand our abilities.
We hope you’ll join us!
How to apply
Include the following materials with your application:
- Cover letter. We can see your experience on your resume, so use this as an opportunity to tell us about yourself and what you value. Tell us why you think Four Kitchens is the right workplace for you.
- Code sample. Candidates who advance past the initial interview will be asked to provide a code sample. If you do not have a sample of your work available, be prepared to talk about it in person and possibly perform a code challenge.
Four Kitchens is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.