Candidate Experience Specialist
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
GitLab is looking for a Candidate Experience Specialist to create positive experiences for GitLab applicants and hiring teams. We’re growing quickly and need a dynamic team member to help us. GitLab strives to be a preferred employer and will rely on the recruiting team to act as brand ambassadors by embodying the company values and identifying those values in potential team members. This role reports to the Candidate Experience Manager.
- Collaborate with Recruiters and Recruiting Manager to understand the process for each open vacancy
- Work in Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to help recruiters maintain a positive candidate experience for candidates
- Manage inbound candidate traffic for all roles
- Open and close vacancies through GitLab with the coordination of ATS
- Act as the Recruiting Coordinator and own the scheduling process for screening calls and all other interviews
- Assist with conducting reference checks for all candidates entering the final round of interview phase
- Build an effective network of internal and external resources to call on as needed
- Ensure candidates receive timely, thoughtful and engaging messaging throughout the hiring process
- Assist Recruiting team with putting together GitLab hiring packages and corresponding with hiring managers and CEO for proper approvals
- Create and stage offer letter and employment contracts for recruiting team
- Assist with Onboarding processes, including ordering equipment and supplies for team members
- Promote our values, culture and remote only passion
- Desire to learn about Talent Acquisition and Human Resources from the ground level up
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and work with C-Suite level candidates Focus on delivering an excellent candidate experience
- Ambitious, efficient and stable under tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Ability to build relationships with managers and colleagues across multiple disciplines and timezones
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Willingness to learn and use software tools including Git and GitLab
- Organized, efficient, and proactive with a keen sense of urgency
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience using an candidate tracking system, Greenhouse experience is a plus
- Ability to recognize and appropriately handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Experience working remotely is a plus
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call
- 30 minute interview with a Candidate Experience Specialist
- 30 minute interviews with a few members of the Recruiting team
- 30 minute interview with Candidate Experience Manager
- Optional: 30 minute interview with Chief Culture Officer
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.