Customer Support Specialist
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake – from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply.
- Handshake is looking to bring on a remote Customer Support Specialist to help guide our end users from the early days of onboarding to launch day and beyond. This role is a 4 month contract with a possibility of conversion to full-time upon evaluation of fit for the role and company.
- You will work closely with our Customer Support and Customer Success teams to provide highly customized technical support, drive down first response times, and contribute to an overall seamless experience for users. As an advocate for our career centers, students, and employer users, you’ll improve the Handshake user experience and make an impact on our mission to democratize opportunity. The role also involves providing email and phone support to our users.
- Provide amazing support to Handshake customers.
- Resolve web-based and phone requests via internal ticketing systems, phone, Zoom, and other support tools.
- Maintain a standard level of excellence in regards to response times, resolution times, and the quality of the customer support experience.
- Be both a support person and an experienced consultant for users of the Handshake platform.
- Utilize internal tools to manage issues between Customer Support and Customer Success.
- Passion for the problem: helping launch careers and grow companies by making the best matches between companies and new graduates.
- A strong sense of empathy with users of our products.
- High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot with limited information and a clear plan of action.
- Work ethic, ambition and a bias for action.
- Ability to get things done, independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a clear ability to communicate complex topics with simple language.
- Eagerness to contribute to and help build a diverse and inclusive team and exhibit these values internally and externally with customers or users.
- Can provide regular schedule to provide consistent assistance to users.
- Access to reliable Mac computer able to run macOS Mojave Version 10.14.2
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.