- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
We live and breathe customer support, and strive to provide exceptional experiences for each and every Flywheel user. As a Happiness Engineer, you’ll get to work directly with customers to help them get the most out of the Flywheel platform and do their best work!
You’ll be responsible for understanding customers’ needs, communicating solutions, solving problems, and working with an incredibly talented team to help our customers succeed. We provide support for a wide variety of topics ranging from hosting help and development dilemmas to recommending articles to read or sharing pictures of our cats. (Yep – that’s a true story!)
If you love working with people, enjoy a challenge, and know the right moment to add your favorite gif to an email, we’d love to hear from you!
Our idea of perfect candidate is someone who
- Has a desire to help people, and a strong sense of empathy for their needs
- Has intermediate knowledge of WordPress and WordPress Plugins and Themes
- Holds basic to advanced knowledge of Apache and NGINX
- Holds basic to advanced knowledge of MySQL
- Is comfortable with the command line/general internet infrastructure (DNS / SFTP Linux, etc.)
- Is willing to learn new things, and has an aptitude for technology
- Has familiarity with server infrastructure providers (Google Cloud Platform, Digital Ocean, etc)
- Has experience accurately describing and communicating issues to clients with and without developer backgrounds
This role will be responsible for
- Responding to email tickets or online chat to help Flywheel customers with their website issues
- Troubleshooting the most technical of issues, escalated from our Tier 1 support team
- Debugging performance issues related to PHP and/or WordPress sites using New Relic or similar tools
- Digging into and solving technical issues related to anything along the LAMP stack
- Combing through logs to identify errors being generated from code being executed on the server
Flywheel’s customers are some of the top designers and agencies in the world, and they build beautiful, amazing websites with WordPress. The job of the support team (and everyone at Flywheel) is to help them focus on doing what they love – and leave the hosting to us. If you’ve built WordPress sites, love solving problems for people, and are ready to join a fast-growing company, we’d love to hear from you.