Head of Marketing
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Here at Freckle, our mission is to ensure that every student gets a world-class education. We believe that students do their best learning when teachers can reach them at their individual levels. Yet, most teachers are only provided with resources that teach to one specific level.
To overcome this, teachers work nights and weekends to find the perfect piece of content for each of their students. Then, during the day, they work with their classes in small groups so they can personalize instruction as best they can. Teachers are doing this all on their own and they deserve our help! That’s why, at Freckle, we’re passionate about providing teachers with the resources and data they need to teach all of their students at the level that’s best for them. As of today, we reach 10 million students across 45% of U.S. schools and, with your help, we’re excited to make an even larger impact.
Freckle is a Series A funded team of 53, and is well on its way to profitability.
As Freckle’s head of marketing, you’ll be responsible for all of our marketing programs and our marketing strategy. You’ll work with a small, highly talented marketing team, and will also work closely with our sales and product teams.
Freckle’s mission is to ensure every student gets a world-class education, and we do that by creating the best platform for teachers to differentiate the education they provide their students. You’ll be a key part of helping us achieve that mission with an increasing number of teachers and students.
You’ll work on things like
- Leading the high performing marketing team
- Driving our metrics around leads, conversion from free to paid, and ultimately revenue
- Building and managing the Freckle brand for teachers, administrators, and other stakeholders
- Having a really deep understanding of the SaaS metrics around the Freckle business, and developing strategies and tactics to drive those metrics
- Partnering with the sales team to find ways to deliver against Freckle’s growth targets
- Working with the leadership team and the board to develop growth strategies
- Communicating the company’s vision and mission to the outside world
- Driving the entire marketing engine including demand generation, creative, product marketing, events and PR, and website
- Driving all the operational components of Freckle marketing including analytics and systems
- You have 7+ years of experience as a marketer
- You have managed marketing teams for 3+ years
- You have a proven track record of driving revenue
- You have a great business acumen, and are comfortable with data
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, and can thrive in a startup environment
- Competitive base salary
- Generous equity option grants
- Medical, dental, vision
- Lunch + dinner on Freckle 4 days a week, and team event every month
- $1000 annually to spend on professional development and learning
- Working from downtown SF, super accessible location right by Montgomery station
Freckle is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.