Customer Champion – EMEA
Website Help Scout
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 🗺 Anywhere in EMEA 🗺
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
Over 8,000 businesses in 140 countries use Help Scout to serve their customers in the most human, helpful way. As a Customer Champion, you’re at the heart of what drives us — our customers. You’ll have a considerable impact on the company in a number of ways. You’ll help customers learn the best way to use Help Scout for their team. You’ll be a voice for the customer, ensuring the company is learning from customer experiences with the product(both good and bad!). And as a member of the Customers Team, you’ll help our team develop and refine systems to make sure we’re always improving.
We’re pleased to be searching for our fourteenth support team member at Help Scout. Our ideal hire is motivated by what we’re doing as a company, believes in the value of quality technical support, and is eager to contribute to the success of our customers. As someone who is first in line to help, your understanding of the product and our customers will be incredibly valuable.
About the role
The entire team works out of the main queue, so you’ll spend much of your day helping potential and current customers via email. If you’re curious to hear how our team works together, check out this webinar. While email support will be the majority of your day, everyone on the team helps out in Beacon chat, and you’ll also hop on impromptu calls with customers when needed.
You’ll become an expert in all areas of the product. You’ll troubleshoot potential bugs, document feature requests, and collaborate with the rest of the team to help elevate the voice of the customer at Help Scout. We won’t overburden you with quotas, empty policies, or unnecessary procedures. Doing what’s in the best interest of the customer is at the heart of what we do. We’ll give you plenty of support to simply do what’s right, no questions asked.
We support a company environment that puts the customer’s needs first as we expand. The Customers team at Help Scout is a vocal and respected advocate for the customer, and we value strong collaboration with other teams, including Engineering and Product, Marketing, Sales, and People Ops. We care about your career development as a support professional, and we’ll make sure you’re developing skills and knowledge that will serve you for years to come.
Just the facts
- This is a full-time, remote position. You’re someone who thrives working autonomously and don’t need much (if any) oversight to get things done.
- This job is Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm in your timezone – for this role, we’re looking for someone within EMEA timezones.
- We’re offering between $70,000-$81,000 USD per year for this role, depending on your prior experience.
- You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- You’re eager to take on challenges. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better. Former teammates and managers would call you resilient and balanced.
- We work together as a team, and that means we encourage each other to improve as a team. You are self-sufficient and love the challenge of solving problems and learning new things.
- You have some experience working in Support or Success. You’re passionate about support and the important role it plays in a company, and you’re excited to build a customer-centric career.
- You welcome an environment where you can do great work independently.
- You’re patient, an active listener, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re an incredible communicator, fluent in written English. Your writing is clear and simple.
- Your empathy and self-awareness help you intuitively and proactively solve potential customer troubles. You’re a problem solver who goes out of their way to help people – always.
- Competitive Salary – We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
- Health and dental insurance – We cover you and your family’s health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we’ll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you’re based outside the US, we’ll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
- Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance – we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST Disability insurance and base Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
- Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- Sabbatical – After you’ve been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation plus $2500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or however you’d like to spend that time.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption – 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
- 401k with 1% match- via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
- Personal Development stipend – Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Great tools – Each employee will be provided with a Mac laptop and 27” display (or equivalent equipment of choice). We’ll also purchase any additional software or hardware you need.
- Home office stipend – Every new hire gets $1000 USD to furnish their home office, and up to $350 USD per month if you’d like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
- Complete transparency – Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 80 people in 40+ cities around the world, all with a passion for excellence in their craft. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences.
Since launching in April of 2011, Help Scout now powers 9,000+ support teams in over 140 countries. Our software is used and trusted by businesses of every shape and size.
Designed to go the distance
Our mission is to foster the world’s customer-centric businesses by providing tools that serve customers in the most human, helpful way. While growth is important, team and values are paramount. We’re always striving to do impactful work we’re proud of in lieu of chasing overnight success.
We’re builders without borders
Our entire team is free to work remotely from wherever they choose. We overcome remote challenges through transparency, trust, and video conferencing. The reward is worth the effort—we’ll take talent, skill, and diverse perspectives over local geography any day.
Above all, we want Help Scout to be a place where passionate people can do their very best work. You won’t find any ping-pong tables or kegerators here. Instead, you’ll be surrounded by driven, supportive teammates who will push you to be better. We take work/life harmony seriously, too, as we want every career at Help Scout to be a long and satisfying one.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it’s the right thing to do.