Email Community Growth Manager
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- 💡 Entry-Level 💡 (1-2 years of experience preferred)
- 💥 Work for a DCer 💥
- 🔑 Report to Founder 🔑
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
Homegrounds.co publishes content to serve the coffee lover market (let’s call them ‘home baristas’) on how to brew and enjoy better coffee at home. Our audience loves to source, grind, brew and enjoy quality coffee beans at home. For them, it’s not about saving money, nor is it simply about having a caffeine fix. It’s about the process – brewing coffee is a passion.
We have strong values, which tie in with our marketing ‘angle’:
- High quality products and beans
We don’t support:
- Low quality coffee; this includes instant coffee, and coffee bought off the shelves at the grocery store.\
- Products which directly impact the destruction of the environment (e.g. pod machines, unethically sourced coffee)
Over the next 12 months we are planning for strong growth and will be launching a number of our own exciting products through an online store.
We need someone to help build our email community (currently at 20k subscribers) by testing, setting up and executing email opt in forms and ‘content upgrades.’
Do you have experience in building email lists and coming up with ideas that may get people onto an email list?
If this sounds like you; this is your gig!
Requirements – must haves
- Experience in a similar role – Whether it be on your own blog, or a clients blog. I want to see results.
- Experience using email opt in tools – We currently use ‘Thrive leads’ but I’m open to other options
- An understanding of A/B testing – you’ll be constantly improving the opt in rates
- Knowledge for the home coffee brewing market (Not instant coffee or K-cup coffee, but real coffee). This will help in brainstorming up ideas for ‘content upgrades’
- The ability to work with other team members – Once you have a winning idea, you’ll need to put together a simple google doc explaining what you want. Someone else on the team will create it, and a designer may create a PDF for you if you require.
- WordPress management skills – You should know your way around WordPress.
Here is an example of a post on our site with a content upgrade that is working well: https://www.homegrounds.co/coffee-grind-chart/
Requirements – nice-to-have (not critical)
- Graphic design skills
- Conversion Rate Optimisation skills
- Copywriting skills
- ‘Email drop’ experience
Some examples of what you’ll be doing right away
- Testing and executing content upgrade ideas
- Come up with 3-5 ideas and split testing them using thrive leads (or a similar tool)
- Choose the winning idea, and have the download created + launch it.
- Improving email opt in rates
- Improve current opt in rate by testing headlines, angles, images, etc.
Day to day:
- Brainstorming, creating, executing downloadable guides/bonuses for our audience + testing these on our website
- Tweaking (a/b testing) current email opt in forms
- Writing email sequences to keep the community engaged
- Responding to visitor emails, which is usually a casual discussion about brewing coffee
- Running giveaways
- Testing/trying new strategies to grow the email community
- Joint venturing with other websites
- Managing/organising the creation of media/content for the community (e.g. a video brewing course)
Benefits / Details
- Work remotely and choose your own hours (#digitalnomad)
- 10-20 hrs/week ongoing
- $20/hr (negotiable based on skills and experience)
- KPI milestone bonuses
- Work directly with the founder. You’ll have the opportunity to suggest your own ideas, make improvements and learn new skills.
- Join a fast growing online coffee business full of lovely team members
- The learning of this incredibly valuable skill (email list building)
- Profit share based on performance after a set amount of time (i.e. 1 year)