Inbound Sales Specialist (EMEA)
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 🏝 Company Retreat 🏝
- 💡 Entry to Mid-Level 💡
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🗺 Anywhere in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa 🗺
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only considering candidates based within European / African timezones.
We’re seeking someone who has proven inbound sales experience, ideally from a SaaS background, to join our growing sales team. We approach sales from an educational mindset, and pride ourselves on being product-experts so we can help customers solve their problems.
You will help us develop new sales programs that are personable and educational, but also scalable. You should have an understanding of the evolution of SaaS sales (freemium model), and be able to apply that to building a sales pipeline that drives successful onboarding during trials, and closes the ideal leads.
We’re looking for applicants who will excel in a multi-faceted role. You’ll spend a lot of time talking with leads and getting to know our ideal customers. The Sales team works closely with our Customer Success, Support, Legal and Finance teams to ensure that customers have a smooth experience getting started and continuing their use of Hotjar. You’ll also collaborate with Marketing to develop acquisition strategies, campaigns, and create feedback loops on the quality of leads coming into the pipeline.
As the team grows, you’ll also help determine strategy and processes for increasing expansions and renewals. You’ll collaborate with our Revenue-focused teams to evolve and improve our pricing strategy to ensure that we’re correctly aligning customers to the right payment plan. You will also be an advocate for our leads and customers on improving our early onboarding experience which helps leads convert.
Our ideal team member for this role is numbers-oriented and adaptable to working with a high volume of leads. You should be as comfortable thinking through how to approach transactional sales with high-touch, personable interactions that educate our leads, as you are in devising self-service experiences for SMBs. You’ll be naturally curious, empathetic and capable in understanding and predicting the needs of our customers.
In this role you’ll
- Perform product demos and present webinars for both prospects and customers.
- Refine and develop how we converse with prospective clients to ensure they are educated on what they can achieve with our product.
- Determine and lead projects that make it possible for leads to self-serve their sales-related needs.
- Identify ways to improve our onboarding experience.
- Develop and maintain a sales opportunity and forecast system.
- Assist and determine our capabilities on Pilots, POCs and RFPs.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team both during the sales pipeline and at the handover stage.
- Collaborate with leadership to help determine pricing and product line strategy, as well as to identify new markets we can enter and develop plans to do so effectively.
- Work with Finance, Legal and DevOps to ensure the team is efficiently issuing and managing estimates, invoices, legal agreements and security documents.
- Partner with Marketing to create and drive market specific programs and lead generation campaigns.
- Communicate prospective customer needs to product managers and product teams.
- Help establish training material and programmes as the Sales team grows.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €50,000 to €85,000 annually (we do not have a commission or bonus scheme at Hotjar). Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- 3+ years of inbound sales experience, with high-volume, SMB accounts, ideally SaaS.
- Customer-facing experience in a technology environment – empathetic to the challenges customers face.
- Product savvy – able to develop strong understanding and technical knowledge in order to speak confidently to customers and communicate their needs to our team.
- Be comfortable taking calls and closing deals while also thinking strategically about growing our sales efforts.
- Experience adapting sales skills for a diverse customer base, with an educational mindset.
- Experience of approaching process in a scalable way and implementing pipelines that are efficient in closing leads at high-volume.
- Naturally empathetic – must be comfortable talking to different types of potential customers from multiple industries and technical abilities.
- Experience with managing renewals.
- Fluent level of English.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.