Key Account Manager
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Key Accounts Manager (KAM) is responsible for overseeing the relationship of the company’s most important clients. The primary focus is developing new Sunrun Channel Partners accounts and maintaining existing Sunrun Channel Partner relationships. The KAM will be responsible for developing and executing a territory sales strategy, including customer acquisition strategy, sales goals, customer communication, forecasting, and reporting, etc. The KAM should be able to combine knowledge of alternative energy technologies and installation with the entrepreneurial skills and people skills necessary in a professional sales environment. KAM’s maintain a (remote) home office and travel to meet with existing and potential dealers.
- Develop trust relationships with Sunrun Channel Partner accounts to ensure they do not turn to the competition. Continuously increase our share of wallet with channel partners.
- Onboarding new Sunrun Channel Partners within the territory, assess their potential, and follows up appropriately according to the potential of the dealer.
- Develop and Maintain Existing Sunrun Channel Partner relationships: Monitor the performance of all Sunrun Channel Partners and respond to changes in Channel Partners performance accordingly.
- Account Management including forecasting, credit management and ensuring accounts are kept current, keeps partner updated on product/price changes and manages Special Pricing Agreements (SPA).
- KAM’s may be responsible for other key accounts outside of the Sunrun Channel Partners.
- The KAM is responsible for the performance of the territory as projected in the sales portion of the annual budget. The KAM will consistently monitor actual performance vs. budget.
- Ensure the correct products are delivered to Channel Partners in a timely manner.
- Become a subject matter expert on our business products, processes and operations, and remain up-to-date on industry news.
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by Channel Partners and deal with complaints to maintain trust.
- Attend internal and external sales meetings and dealer conferences.
- Interacts with Sunrun’s internal Channel partner team and ensures that total internal account alignment.
- Able to work closely with finance, product management and AEE’s executives to ensure company is maximizing customer profitability.
- Minimum of 7 years of proven successful sales/KAM experience.
- Ability to work at different levels of customer’s organization.
- An Individual that demonstrates the right level of maturity, professionalism and business acumen to engage C level suite executives.
- Demonstrated achievement in B2B sales.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Innovation and problem-solving skills that include the ability to develop and propose solutions.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and work with little or no supervision, this position requires continual analytical research methods, precise calculations and the ability to “think outside of the box”, as well being prepared for continual change. Should possess excellent organizational and self-management skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.