Marketing & Growth Lead
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🏝 Company Retreat 🏝
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Hi, thanks for reading about our Marketing & Growth Lead opportunity!
We’re Knack, a code-free platform used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest companies — to build better businesses with data.
Over the past 5 years we’ve built a great team, product, and culture. Now we’re ready to accelerate into our next stage of growth, and we need an ambitious marketer to help take us there. Hopefully that’s you!
Role & Responsibilities
So what exactly will you be doing as Knack’s marketing & growth lead?
- You’ll dig deep to extract who we really are, pull it all together, and share that unique story with the world.
- You’ll work closely with leadership to define goals and objectives, and develop the initiatives to meet those goals.
- You’ll work closely with the Customer Success, Sales and Product teams to align on growth targets and initiatives.
- You’ll lead the broader efforts of re-developing the Knack brand and messaging.
- You’ll not only contribute to high-level strategy – you’ll lead on executing that strategy.
- You’ll establish a collaborative and consensus-driven process to rapidly source, resource, and execute data-driven growth initiatives.
- You’ll develop and run marketing programs including (but definitely not limited to): content marketing, community building, lead generation, case studies, nurture campaigns, paid acquisition, co-marketing and optimization.
- You’ll start as a team of one, but will lead on resourcing and scaling a team to meet the demands and targets of a quickly growing company.
Here are some of the “must haves” to be successful in this role:
- You have 3+ yrs of inbound marketing experience in SaaS or/and digital product marketing.
- Your communication is flawless. You are optimized to work remotely and asynchronously without missing a beat. You’re a strong writer and editor with superior proficiency in English.
- You are comfortable running experiments. You know how to ask the right questions, run the right tests, and generate actionable conclusions.
- You have a strong baseline of growth skills that enable you to be impactful on day one. You are also first to define your weaknesses and leverage others’ expertise and help when needed.
- You are comfortable defining KPIs and being accountable for meeting those.
- You have experience working with tools like Google Analytics, Segment, MixPanel (or similar), and doing things like data analysis and segmentation.
- Serious bonus points if you have experience marketing a complex technical product to a broad horizontal customer base.
Here are a few other hints that you might be the person we’re looking for (you match up with a number of these)
- You have a sense of humor, a sense of humility, and take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- You rely on both quantitative and qualitative insights to make decisions about what’s working and what’s not.
- You have some management experience or are open to leveling up into more management responsibility.
- You are a learning machine, hungrily devouring every resource that enables you to learn faster and do more.
- You have experience and thrive in a flat, consensus-driven work environment that emphasizes both autonomy and accountability.
- You’re ambitious, self-motivated, and resourceful. You know when to do something yourself versus getting help. You understand the importance of ruthless prioritization.
- You are totally okay with big swings, wild experiments, and learning through failure.
Benefits & Perks
- Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It’s not about separation, it’s about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
- Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You’ll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
- Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
- Equal opportunity: we push everyone to maximize their impact on our product and company—we strongly value all of our people, regardless of title or seniority.
- Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
- Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line PC or MacBook
We are also passionate about learning and professional development. We provide multiple learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow:
- Long term growth and learning plans, with regular check-ins to help you level up on what’s important to you.
- Have executive-level visibility into how the company is run and performing, including revenue.
- Use an annual allowance to stay on top of your game with training, classes, books, and workshops.
- Get dedicated support from a marketing mentor who’ll fast-track your on-boarding and give you the tools you need to be successful.
- Attend industry conferences that are meaningful to you.
The biggest benefit is our awesome team of Knacksters. We’re a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that above all enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other.