Website Lambda School
- 💡 Entry-Level 💡
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School’s mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
This is a student-facing role on the Outcomes team, reporting to the VP of Outcomes. As the Career Coach, you’re tasked with the critical work of ensuring students are prepared to enter their job search with confidence and competence. You’ll be the point person for students regarding all things related to career readiness and the job search: resumes, linkedin, job boards, interviews, offer negotiations, etc. Additionally, you’ll conduct coaching sessions and provide followup support to alumni and ensure the Career Development guidelines are followed.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You are open to experimentation and openly consider creative solutions. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
This role supports our evening course. Hours for this role are 2pm to 10pm Pacific.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support a portfolio of current students in preparing their job search materials all the way through to being hired into their first technical role, as well as provide support when seeking their 2nd, 3rd, etc… technical roles
- Research and post relevant job postings/leads in the Job Seekers channels
- Master Lambda School Career Readiness curriculum focusing on Resumes, Linkedin, Job Search Tips, Interview prep, Offer Negotiations etc as a means to provide
- Hold regular office hours to guide students through the job search process and provide feedback on materials (resumes, social profiles, etc.), mock interviews, and other Career Development Support via Zoom video chat
- Meticulously track placement outcomes for every graduate
- Stay on top of hiring trends and continuously improve upon our Career Development curriculum to ensure that students are properly equipped to land roles in the industry
- Assist in the logistics and execution of Capstone Defense Panels by preparing Interview Questions and managing Hiring Partners
Education, Skills, and Experience
- 2+ years of experience as a hiring manager for technical roles or on a Recruiting/HR team (staffing agency/corporate, or a mix of both)
- Prior Career Coaching experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations (you will be meeting students via Zoom video chat)
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Strong time management skills
- Have a passion for mentoring others and seeing others succeed
- A positive energy that you bring to all meetings with students and staff
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Big plus, if you….
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, Huntr, Lattice, and Airtable
- have prior early stage start up experience
- Worked with and/or provided career support to software developers
- Up to date on trends in the Software Industry
- Extensive technical professional network
The position is a full-time, salaried, remote role with medical benefits. Hours for this role are 2pm to 10pm Pacific.