Head of Product Management
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Do you live, eat and breathe consumer-facing products? Do you wake up with new ideas that you can’t wait to implement? Are you a creative self-starter who loves autonomy and the ability to make things happen? Do you want to work a flexible schedule from anywhere in the world?
Then we might have the ideal job for you!
- Remote, preference for someone who can work with some overlap on GMT +8 time zone.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health Benefits
- Equity, 401k.
Magic’s task is to use software to tame a staggering world of complexity. Our users can put in any request or command, no matter how complex, using natural language. Our software manages each request from the moment it enters our system until it is fully complete. This includes back-end infrastructure to handle SMS messages, natural language processing and machine learning, intelligent internal tooling for our agents, and innovative layers of abstraction over the diverse complexity of the world. Current users of Magic are truly living in the future. They wake up in the morning greeted by Magic and are offered their favorite breakfast. Magic handles their calendar and their email and routes them throughout their day effortlessly. Magic’s product today is the Star Trek computer we’ve always wanted. It’s the AI from the movie Her, and it’s available right now. (https://getmagic.com/)
Magic has built a successful, profitable personal virtual assistance service. It is currently a product that caters to busy professionals who are experienced with personal/virtual assistants and know how to delegate. To scale it to the next level, we need to experiment with new user interfaces and experiences in order to bring the benefit of personal assistance to the masses.
Utilizing extensive data, user feedback, and ideas, our newly created position of Head of Product Management will bring their impressive product management experience to help with implementation, execution, and iteration in order to bring our product to increasingly wider markets. This role will report directly to the CEO, Mike Chen.
What’s in it for me?
- You will have the opportunity to come in at an early stage to own the Product Management of a tool that is used by thousands of people on a daily basis, to build up the team and to see your ideas realized into a product that impacts millions by saving them what matters most: their time.
- You will be our first dedicated product hire and have a tremendous opportunity to shape the future of Magic and grow in your role.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in a high-level product management role.
- Experience working on product(s) that have attained a demonstrable and substantial amount of success in the B2C world.
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably with consumer products.
- Proven track record in making data-informed product decisions and measuring success.
- Prefer experience with Agile methodology.
- History of working on remote or distributed teams preferred.
- Use our existing data, user feedback and your intuition to understand and prevent any psychological or user interface barriers and support scaling Magic into new markets.
- Create clear product roadmaps, release cycles, and iteration plans to implement fixes, improvements, and modifications to the product.
- Work successfully with existing engineering, operations, marketing, and finance departments to implement these roadmaps.
- Oversee tests from a data perspective and also talk to users to understand the successes and failures of the product modifications.
- Report consistently and clearly on the successes, failures, and learnings from these experiments.
- Product Management.
- Roadmapping, prioritization.
- Working well with multiple teams, leading without being their manager.
- Talking to users, understanding pain points and desires.
- Split testing and data analysis.
- Extensive spreadsheet reporting.
- Assertive, you need to be able to champion your ideas, to get them through review and to implement them.
- Self-managed, this position requires someone with discipline and a structured approach to all tasks. This is not a micro-managed position. You will be expected to own this role and be self-directed.
- Have excellent communication skills that transcend remote boundaries and cultures.
- Passion for the product we are building and a desire to see it grow to impact people’s lives.
- Autonomous and driven, you set goals and you follow through.
- Optimistic and excited to keep experimenting, iterating, and learning, even in the face of failed experiments.
- Ability to work well with multiple different departments in different time zones with different cultures.
- This position is 100% remote, however, much of our team is located in the Philippines.
- Occasional travel to the Philippines may be necessary (honestly, this is more of a perk than a requirement, we promise!)