- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: build products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every single day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us change the test prep world. We also believe it’s really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
About the Job
We’re looking for someone who is deeply empathetic and loves to help! Since you are the first point of contact in helping our students fulfill their academic dreams, we’re looking for someone who will go above and beyond traditional support you might outline steps to help our students meet their goals, troubleshoot technical issues, or you may even find yourself acting as a friend during this stressful period in our students’ lives. Our phenomenal customer service and support is the #1 reason our students rave about us to their friends.
Since we are still a small company, we’re an all hands on deck type of support team. Beyond helping our students, you’ll support a lot of different areas of Magoosh. Our Support Specialists have helped review applications, build online communities, and cultivate B2B partnerships. In this role, you’ll truly wear many hats!
This is a part-time, remote position: you can work from home and as long you are checking in every weekday, you can set your own hours! The pay is $18.50/hr. Even though this position is remote, you must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Answer students’ questions about Magoosh through Zendesk and Intercom
- Chat to students with any inquiries over the phone
- Help troubleshoot student issues and escalate as necessary
- Encourage word of mouth by wowing our students
- Create and improve resources to help other Support Specialists on the team
- Tackle lots of different tasks to support in-house Magooshers
- Have outstanding writing skills with an emphasis on an empathetic, friendly style
- Are comfortable learning new tech tools. You’ll respond to our students through Zendesk, communicate with the rest of the team on Slack, and stay organized in Asana.
- Are passionate about education
- Are always plugged in and very responsive online
- Enjoy participating in online communities. We’re a small, tight-knit team, and we take every opportunity to support each other.
- Are flexible it’s important to be adaptable to the evolving needs of Magoosh
- Can work 15-20+ hours per week
- Are looking to be with Magoosh for 1+ years
Extra Credit if you…
- Have experience with CRM tools like Zendesk and Intercom
- Have experience with Magoosh products
- Have excellent problem-solving skills you love figuring out new challenges
- Are able to provide step-by-step technical support
- Are familiar with our tests (like the GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, SAT, ACT, LSAT, MCAT and/or IELTS) you’ve prepped for one of these exams yourself or have helped someone else do the same
- Have previous experience with live chat support
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all of the requirements for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.