Customer Success Lead
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
Manifold’s mission is to bring the power of cloud services to all developers. As our first dedicated support hire, you’ll be helping our customers, both developers and our service providers.
We believe that support should be an innovation center, not a cost center. Therefore, we see the role differently than traditional support jobs. You’re not going to just answer a ticket. We want you to take that ticket and find out what the person was trying to do, what happened, and from there, solve it. That might be better documentation, and that might be a whole new feature.
- Help both developers and providers directly as a front-line support capacity
- Take our existing informal support processes and turn them into useful documents and scalable processes
- Document the answers to repeated questions for internal and external use
- Figure out how we can improve our existing help processes and ensure that people have the right information available to them when they need it
- Personally guide high-touch providers to integrate and begin selling on our marketplace
- Drive improvements to our process and products as part of the Product Management organization
- Lead us in hiring and managing future support people
- We believe empowering you to do the best customer support possible will help us create the best products.
About our Team
Manifold is helping developers break free from the closed ecosystems of the cloud and into a more open, standards-based community of services and APIs. Our marketplace connects applications, wherever they are hosted, to independent cloud services made by developers who care. Read more about our vision and funding here and check out our blog.
Our partially distributed team is fun-loving, knowledgeable, and deeply productive. We’re organized to let you explore and grow a variety of skills and capabilities, with many chances to create a significant impact.
We value diversity and supporting a distributed culture. Gender diversity is currently about one quarter. About half of the company work outside of the home Halifax, Canada office, including product, software development, and design leaders.
What you’ll do
- Be the initial point of contact for developers and providers who need help
- Escalate to developers as required
- Track bug reports, requests, and feedback, and help with prioritization
- Perform usability research as required for fixes, including customer follow-up
- Be the voice of the customer as we develop new features and products
What you’ll need
- Strong communication skills with a team-centric approach to discussion and decision-making.
- Ability to talk to customers non-defensively, and convey sometimes complicated instructions in a clear and comprehensible way
- Empathy and respect for others, with the ability to work calmly in difficult customer situations
- Attention to detail and follow-up
- Experience creating support processes
- Experience leading or managing a support team
- Enough technical experience to be able to recognize configuration and simple code errors you’ve seen before from other customers and providers, as you gain experience with our product
- Experience owning and contributing to internal and external-facing support documentation
- Experience with developer tools and cloud services strongly preferred
- Experience working remotely in a global, distributed team
- Experience specifically supporting APIs
A little bit about us
We’re a small, remote-reliant, venture-backed company based in Halifax, Canada. We have a shared passion for making developers’ lives easier. Our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at Red Hat, Heroku, LinkedIn, Canonical, and more.
- flexible working hours
- 15 days of vacation your first year that you will be encouraged to use
- plus the whole company takes the last week of the year off
- stock options are available as part of your compensation
- yearly professional development allowance of $2,000 towards education, training, conferences, or anything that helps your career
- excellent health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family that starts on your first day of work
- health and wellness allowance
- home office allowance for remote workers
- a laptop, large monitor, and equipment for everyone, remote or at our office
If you’re in the United States, we also offer
- 401(k) for pre-tax retirement savings (contributions unmatched)
We care about our code of conduct and ask all of our employees to abide by it.
Are you interested?
We believe you should work where you’re most productive. If you want to join us in our cozy office in Halifax, Nova Scotia, you’d be welcome! We’d love to have you. If you’re remote, you’re also welcome! For meetings, we’d strongly prefer you be within four hours of the Eastern Time Zone (UTC-5) which means as far west as the Pacific Time Zone and as far east as Brazil, Argentina, and Greenland.
Please apply here with resume and cover letter, or by emailing email@example.com