Website Greenback Tax Services
DC MEMBERThe Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
American expats and Greenback co-founders, Carrie and David McKeegan found their expat tax needs overwhelming and expensive while living and working abroad in the UK. While they both loved being American and living abroad, they were fed up with the process of filing US expat taxes.
So, Carrie and David decided to build a service that could meet the needs of US expats — a tax preparation company whose accountants were at the forefront of expertise in US expat taxes, that was simple and easy to work with, and treated customers fairly and respectfully. And thus, in 2009, Greenback Expat Tax Services was born.
Greenback makes life better for Americans living abroad, and aims to take away the anxiety and hassle of helping expats become and stay compliant with their U.S. taxes while overseas.
Pro Tip: You can hear more of our story how we scaled the business in this TMBA podcast episode.
Fast-forward to today, we now have clients in 212 countries.
We won the Tax Provider of the Year at EMMAs (Expatriate Management and Mobility Awards) in 2015.
We’ve been featured in CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, CNN, Wired, Entrepreneur, and Fast Company for our expertise in U.S. expat tax prep as well as for our dynamic remote team company culture.
What’s the opportunity?
We are currently seeking a Remote Marketing Assistant who can come alongside the Marketing Manager and provide day-to-day execution of all marketing activities for the business.
The Marketing Assistant will act as the “right-hand” to the Marketing Manager by artfully assisting in the execution of the marketing strategy via website, SEO, social media, communications campaigns, promotions, and other channels with an expectation to execute flawlessly every time.
Ideally you will have:
- Excellent project management skills; either formal or informal – you are always the go-to person to keep a project organized and on track
- Excellent understanding of virtual office management and marketing principles
- Superior technical skills. We don’t want you to just learn it we want you to become the subject-matter expert; being innovative in your approach and embracing technology and process optimization wholeheartedly
- We are a growing team. We work hard, we love to win and make things happen. We need someone who can handle lots of balls in the air, without breaking a sweat
- Experience working remotely, across multiple time zones
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with coworkers and freelancers/contractors
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, adhere to deadlines and be proactive
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
- Blend of analytical and creative mindset
Helpful to have but not required:
- WordPress, Google Ads and Analytics, Hubspot, Salesforce, Adobe Creative Cloud/Photoshop, and previous experience in a marketing role
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking the daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities
- Supporting the marketing manager in organizing and executing various projects related to social media, website and SEO updates, and blog postings
- Acting as the primary point of contact for the marketing function with freelancers/contractors; coordinating with freelancers for design and development work
- Acting as right hand to the Marketing Manager and assisting with special projects as needed. Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Possessing excellent knowledge of MS Office with a higher level of expertise using MS Excel (really important as we have lots of reports), marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, online analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be reaching out to those who move forward to the next step of the interview process. Submissions that do not include a resume AND cover letter will not be considered.