Sales Development Specialist
Website MarketLauncher, Inc.
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
The Sales Development Specialist (SDS) is part of the Account Operations team and is tasked with identifying, nurturing and developing leads to the point of sales ready, and securing appointments for our clients.
MarketLauncher, Inc. (https://www.marketlauncher.com/) is a boutique firm providing market research and prospecting services for technology companies and professional service firms. Our clients are primarily companies which offer complex products and services where buying decisions are made at the executive level. Our team of marketing and sales professionals develops, implements, maintains and monitors strategic programs that accelerate the sales process and help our clients achieve a predictable model for growth.
*Note that MarketLauncher has no physical location. Instead, we’ve created a unique virtual environment where every employee works from their own home-based office. Therefore, candidates may be located and able to work from virtually anywhere in the United States.
The SDS is instrumental in ensuring that prospects are exposed to a client’s message and their thought leadership content. The SDS is positioned on behalf of the client as a trusted source of information with the intent of increasing awareness of the client’s offering and moving leads toward a meaningful dialogue to promote the client’s market position.
As an SDS gains experience in specific industries and markets, they will play a role in advising our clients on how their message is being received, the potential appetite for their services in the marketplace and other crucial market intel that helps the client refine their go-to-market strategy. The SDS will maintain a client service orientation, and is expected to be highly proactive at sharing intel primarily through our client portal, Zoho, and may also attend some client meetings as requested.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes business development channels to create multiple touch points to a targeted audience.
- Acts as an internal and external subject matter expert for specific industries and markets.
- Conducts call campaigns and personalized email activity.
- Gathers defined market intelligence Identifies appropriate decision makers.
- Nurtures decision makers and moves them through the various stages of the lead cycle.
- Pre-qualifies leads by collecting information based on client-defined criteria.
- Creates needs assessment reports for clients based on intel gathered and a history of outreach.
- Secures appointments or interviews as outlined for each assigned project.
- Attends / participates in external client meetings and internal team meetings as assigned.
- Maintains a commitment of predetermined and agreed upon hours per month.
- Business-to-business sales experience a definite must. Particularly in an environment requiring a consultative sales style and targeting mid-to-high level executives.
- Top candidates will have demonstrated a successful track record at prospecting and needs assessment.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Particularly effective communicating by phone.
- Applicant should be organized and able to juggle multiple accounts, goals and objectives.
- Able to think out of the box, and creatively get the job done.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of marketing databases / CRM and lead management processes.
- Experience with email automation platforms a plus.
- Ability to maintain a disciplined work ethic in a flexible virtual environment.
- Able to work independently and set priorities appropriately to achieve goals.
- Adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrates the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Exposure to a virtual, telecommuting environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- 10+ years of experience working in a B2B sales role is required, preferably within professional services or technology.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Prior experience with contact management software and social media platforms a plus.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as external ML clients.
- Must be creative and enjoy working in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven and results-oriented.
- Must be driven by intellectual curiosity about a variety of industries and markets – will be required to quickly absorb critical market and product information and adequately communicate on the client’s behalf
The Sales Development Specialist (SDS) is a part time, bonus-eligible, nonexempt position at MarketLauncher.