Conversation Coach with Accelerated Spanish
Website Master of Memory
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- 💡 Mid Level 💡
- 💥 Work for a DCer 💥
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🗣 Native Spanish Speaker 🗣 (Native speakers from Spain and Mexico are preferred)
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World 🗺
If you’re creative, energetic, open-minded, and geeky about grammar, this could be the job for you! Master of Memory is looking for native-Spanish-speaking linguists to help our Accelerated Spanish students practice the grammatical and syntactical essentials of the language. This part-time remote position has the opportunity to become full-time.
Who we are
We teach English speakers how to have meaningful conversations in Spanish with the people closest to them. Our extremely unique curriculum teaches the depths of Spanish grammar; our students master indirect objects and subjunctives even before learning the word for “mother”. Our team of linguistic coaches helps the students practice these skills, one step at a time, in video call conversations.
What you’ll do
- You’ll work with us from wherever you live, at a schedule that works for you.
- You’ll have video calls with students aged 20 – 100 who speak English and want to speak Spanish.
- You’ll correct the homework that they write, providing useful feedback to help them improve their understanding of how Spanish works.
- Over time you’ll continue to mentor the students as they develop from having a primitive understanding of the language to becoming a fluent conversational speaker.
- You’ll help improve our own curriculum so that every round of students gets a better and better experience over time.
- You’ll begin part-time (15-20 hours a week) with about 5 or 10 students a week. If you love what you’re doing, we’ll give you more students and it may become a full-time position. The position will start at $15 an hour.
Who you are
- You are a native Spanish speaker who is fully fluent in English
- You have formally studied linguistics and are a grammar nerd
- You’re a fun and creative person
- You approach challenges head-on with a positive attitude
- You care about the people around you and want them to succeed
- You have a dependable Internet connection for video calls
- You have a track record of leaving everything better than you found it
Why is our Accelerated Spanish course cool?
- We always teach grammar first, and we teach all words in frequency order.
- We have a unique teaching system that uses time-tested mnemonic techniques so our students don’t forget vocabulary words.
- We give all of our students specific attention and create customized materials to get them all to their own specific fluency goals.
- Our students care about learning grammar more than memorizing vocabulary and phrases.
- We take all our students all the way to conversational fluency in 9 months.
- The Accelerated Spanish books have sold 20,000 copies and our podcast gets 250,000 downloads per month.
- Everyone at Accelerated Spanish is fun to work with.