Principal DesignerApply Now
- 💡 Mid-Level 💡
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
Good design can change the world, and we’re doing our best to leave this place better than we found it. Sound like something you can get behind? To thrive in this role, you’ve got 7+ years of experience under your belt, a healthy obsession with human-centered design, and an appetite for continuous growth. You’re fluent in agency speak, you’re quick to lend your hard-earned expertise, and you dream in interfaces. Our approach to design requires constant collaboration, adaptability, and a vested interest in helping each other across the finish line. You’ll stay busy making friends and helping clients see the light through your latest concept, as well as contributing to prototyping, visual design, animations, and illustration across a variety of projects.
Looking to spread your wings in more of a leadership role? Check out our Design Lead position for something more up your alley.
Need a bit more time to work towards the level of expertise and experience we’re looking for? Our Product Designer position might be a better fit.
The Must-have Shortlist
- 7+ years of experience in digital product design (ideally in an agency or consulting environment).
- Demonstrated mastery of UI/UX principles, best practices, and common design tools (think Photoshop or Sketch). Bonus points for interaction design skills (think After Effects, Quartz Composer or Framer.js).
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills.
- Fluent in translating stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into simple UIs.
- Addicted to staying ahead of desktop and mobile best practices, developments and trends in web, mobile and iOS design.
- Communication pro, with the ability to deliver compelling design rationales in both client and internal contexts.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and client briefs that lead to more questions than answers.
- Motivated by feedback, and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team.
How To Apply
Submit your application through our online portal and include a link or attachment to your portfolio along with it. Resumes are great, but we get most excited about the work samples you’re most proud of. Not able to show any of your work publicly? That’s cool, just give us a head’s up in your cover letter so we can find a workaround.