Technical Content Manager
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 🏝 Company Retreats 🏝
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🗺 Anywhere in the United States or Europe 🗺
Mozilla is seeking a skilled and engaging content manager and copywriter to join our Developer Relations team. Do you love writing highly technical yet pithy content for web, email, and social channels? We are searching for an organized and creative writer to create and manage content for key communication channels such as our developer blog (Mozilla Hacks), the Mozilla Developer Newsletter and Mozilla’s developer websites..
Are you already adept at speaking with developers in a voice that’s inclusive, friendly, and accessible? Do you love researching and building knowledge about technical products and technologies and sharing what you learn with others? Do you quickly pick up on tone, and accurately grasp new jargon, acronyms, and hashtags? Do you know how to amplify the work of product and engineering teams? We believe the most effective writing informs and delights an audience, or even better, inspires them to share and spread the word.
Your responsibilities as content manager will include planning, scheduling, producing, and promoting digital content to amplify and extend the advocacy work we do. You are comfortable communicating and coordinating across the organization to source timely, relevant content for our technical audience. Our readers are engineers, designers, digital creators, journalists, and people building web products and services. We reach millions of people around the world.
- Writing short-form content for websites, newsletter/email, and social channels.
- Maintaining a production plan and schedule for content.
- Sourcing timely, relevant content for our developer and designer audience.
- Promoting a brand voice that’s highly technical, inclusive, friendly, and accessible
- Effectively passing content to the social media team.
- Helping determine content strategy and stories across our channels
- You delight in crafting top notch short-form content that informs and inspires a professional developer audience.
- You’ve worked with wordpress and/or other CMS /online publishing platforms, bonus if you have used Wagtail.
- You’re meticulous in your writing, and scrupulous about accuracy and fact-checking.
- You have a finely tuned ear for brand voice and tone, and are able to tailor content for a global technical audience (for many of whom English is not their first language).
- You can dazzle us with animated gifs and web graphics. Bonus points for screen-casting and video storytelling skills.
- You think swiftly and strategically and can execute a cohesive content plan.
- You are highly organized and work well with deadlines.
- You know the difference between micro-copy and UX writing, and understand when and how to use both types of writing effectively.
- You’re comfortable working in the open, in a collaborative, dynamic environment, where technologies and priorities are subject to change. You are adept at building relationships and fostering teamwork.
- You know how to work as part of a team, building relationships that allow you to effectively find the information you need to do your job.
- Maintain a positive, approachable, and respectful voice online and in person. Exemplify and support Mozilla’s Community Participation Guidelines (CPG).
Please share examples at least 5 examples of short-form writing: These can be from your own website or portfolio, work you’ve done with others, or work from your own blog, Twitter or other social media accounts, articles, podcasts, videos, design portfolios, etc. We will not consider applicants who do not provide varied examples of written work.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.