Junior Software Developer (Specialist)Apply Now
- 💡 Entry-Level 💡
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
The Software Developer is responsible for innovative software design and development that meet documented business requirements. Performs at the highest technical level of all phases of software development activities. Works at direction of manager, team lead, or project manager to ensure that assignments align with business priorities. Position is on-call for software support and incident management to achieve service level agreements.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborates with business clients and stakeholders to document business requirements and create both functional and technical specifications. Provides estimates and task planning as needed to support business cases and portfolio prioritization.
- Applies technical knowledge and experience to recommend software application solutions that achieve business requirements.
- Designs or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering system availability, capacity, operating schedules, and business results.
- Documents applications in support of system development life cycle compliance.
Software Development and Support
- Assesses application software releases and documentation to optimize upgrades, enhancements, and changes to applications with consideration for interfaces and architecture.
- Designs, develops, tests, and implements software programs, interfaces, reports and controls in accordance with best practices and the system development life cycle.
- Modify and enhance existing applications in support of ongoing operational needs.
- Responsible for quality assurance of software applications.
- Performs as project leader for small projects with limited duration. Directs and monitors the work of team members.
- Stays current with software development technology advances to enable production support and incident resolution that meets service level agreements.
- Interfaces with IT disciplines, vendors and professional services providers to ensure service level achievement.
- Produces work plans in support of project deliverables.
- Responsible for achieving project budget, schedule and functional objectives.
- BA/BS in related field and 1+ years’ expert knowledge of: ASP.NET/MVC and SQL Server.
- Experience with C#, CSS AJAX, REST, SOA, jQuery, and CSS
- Experience with system development lifecycle methodologies, deliverables, controls
- Experience successfully implementing desktop and web applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Monitoring and problem resolution of production incidents
- Experience helpful with other development technologies such as: Java, Ruby, PHP, Oracle, MySQL
- Experience and knowledge of service oriented architecture preferred.
- Strong analytical, trouble shooting/problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to self-direct, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks and demands.
- Healthcare background, Microsoft certification are pluses.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of others
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Generally works in an office environment
The company offers competitive compensation packages including an incentive compensation plan, comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans.
Navigant does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Navigant and Navigant will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Navigant is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Navigant will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Navigant Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: NCI) is a specialized, global professional services firm that helps clients take control of their future. Navigant’s professionals apply deep industry knowledge, substantive technical expertise, and an enterprising approach to help clients build, manage and/or protect their business interests. With a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change and significant regulatory or legal pressures, the Firm primarily serves clients in the healthcare, energy and financial services industries. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, Navigant’s practitioners bring sharp insight that pinpoints opportunities and delivers powerful results. More information about Navigant can be found at navigant.com.